Help w/ a Carbon Fiber Hood

brily67

Jul 28, 2008
Tustin, CA
i just bought/installed a new "oem" carbon fiber hood for my ''05 GT, but it doesnt fit properly. a few issues, (1) i have a 1/4in gap on the right drivers side (whole length of the hood) and (2) at speeds over 60-65 the hood bounces...cant feel it, but can see it. Does anyone know how i can (if i can) fix these issues, i''d rather not have to send it back (huge hassel). have pics if it can help

• Sponsors (?)

I have no idea what you could do about the gap on the side of the hood, but you could try adjusting the rubber stops that the hood rests on so that they touch a little more when the hood is closed, or you could try installing hood pins. If you try hood pins and they don't work then you are screwed if you want to return in though.

the gap on the other side is fine...not chinese, mexican head shop i think! lol i was thinking about getting hood pins, but i want to get locking ones that are flush with the hood. a friend reccomended Aerocatch. does anyone have experience in installing them? i have heard some horror stories, and i dont want to **** up my new hood.

heres a pic
stang

I have the same problem, is it a VIS hood? those are supposed to be the best fit hoods too... I also have a seibon trunk and it doesn't seem to close all the way down. Its slightly elevated from the sides.

Is the gap fine on the other side? If so, than it sounds like it might be too small. Where'd you buy it? I'm guessing it's made by some Chinese company and there lies your problem.

95% of carbon fiber parts are made in China... VIS, Seibon, Extreme Dimensions, Carbon Creations.... they are all made in China. They don't want you to know this so they just don't advertise it. An american made product won't be afraid to show you pictures of the inside of their composites shop ;)