Help Water Leaking

Frenchy-John

Jan 30, 2017
Hello all ,

I don't know if there is a presentation section , but tell me please if yes
smile.gif
and if i'm in a wrong section
So my name is John , i'am 27 and i'm french, living here ( if you can forgive me now, for my futur english mistakes ! haha )
I have two beautiful babies , a 1969 convertible and a 1965 coupe both with a 302 .

i'm coming here today because i can't find any answers to my problem here in france , maybe you could help me .

So this is my problem ,
A month ago i found a water/ oil mix in my oil pan , early 302 .
i thought it was a head gasket . i changed it and i still have this mix ( infos : my block is straight , plan and milled around 1000 miles , cylinder heads too plan and milled , edl performer )
so i took off my engine from the car .

I also changed my lifters , camshaft , and timing cover . water pump has around 1000 miles and have a brand new intake manifold , all gaskets too paper and felpro's 1011-1 and 1262
I putted some sealant on my timing cover , water pump and intake manifold gaskets , not lot , just to keep gaskets on place when i screwed bolts.

Putted my engine back , oil and water .
Water didn't leak at this time , tried to run my engine , but had the wrong TDC , any way i let it for the next day .
Today so , i had nothing in my oil pan , no water so i started my engine , and run at 2500rpm for 25 minutes for my camshaft and lifters .

perfect , but later in the afternoon i came back and checked my radiator , no more water at the top .... i checked the oil pan and found some water in . not a mix .

Do you have any ideas from where this problem can come ?
i built 2 engines before and didnt have this problem

Thanks for your help guys .

• Sponsors (?)

Timing cover would be my next guess. If that doesn't work there is a slim chance that the machine work you had could have put one of the angles off a little and maybe your is not seating well?