Help with '65 Interior Color

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I have been restoring tmy '65 coupe for a some time now and everything is finally coming together. The interior code for my car states that it is white with black trim. What exactly does this mean? What parts are white and what parts are black?

Here are a few pictures of the interior when I bought the car. I am not sure if the interior is correct or not.

interior.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

OMG. Not even close. Looks like a disco nightmare. And a Pinto steering wheel. How do you blow the horn? Your door handles are at the wrong angle, the ones below are correct.

"White Crinkle Vinyl with Black Appointments" means the seats are white, the doors are white, the door panels are white, the arm rest pads are white, the headliner is white, the seats are white, the visors are white, the quarter trim panels are white, the dash and steering column are white, the steering wheel is white, the A pillars are white, the console, if equipped, was white. In fact, the only items in the entire interior that were black were the package tray, carpet, seat belts, and dash, period.

This is a fastback, but you get the idea.

40-2204_int.jpg