help with belt please read asap working on it now

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
ok i im trying to remove the tensener so i can install my supercharger but the tensener wont budge i tried with force is there a technique to removing this i mean how can i remove it im trying to remove it by the bolt thats on the front of it is this correct??

• Sponsors (?)

what kind of blower are you trying to install?? i never knew you had to remove the tensioner to install any blower.. i believe theres one bolt that goes through the arm but i'm not sure.. shouldn't be all that tight in the first place.. try spraying it with some penetrating spray

i havnt removed anything should i remove the belt and alternator then try??? also the pulley on the crankshaft how do i remove that its a circle with a octogon inside of the circle what do i need to remove this???

yea i know that for the pulley but im trying to remove the big bolt on the tensener right now because i need to remove it from the bracket its on now and put it on the new paxton bracket. am i trying to remove it right or am i doing something wrong.

If you can't break torque with just the wrench, find an open pipe(jack pump handle, etc) or something you can slip over the wrench for added leverage. If you have nothing, slip the box end of another wrench of close to the same size over the open end of the 19mm wrench for some added leverage