help with clutch cable routing.

siege

Feb 23, 2003
Peoria, AZ
well first off, I did a search and found that basically it in front of the motor mount and thru the K member and there should be a straight shot to the mount. Does it go thru a hole in the K or just in that area? right now I have it passing just beneath the steering shaft and I have a straight shot to the mount. however, when its like that, to get it to mount on the inner frame, I would practically have to kink the cable...as it sits the bracket is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches too high. I tried passing it through a few different holes in the K but I could never get a straight shot to the bracket....I really wish I woulda paid more attention when I took the old one out but I have a headache and I'm tired :(

any help guys?

• Sponsors (?)

ok well I got it. turns out I had it on the wrong side of the motor mount. I did find a little trick for installing it that might make it easier....first connect it to the quadrant, then put something under the pedal to keep it pushed up as far as possible and then when you connect it to the clutch, it'll let you pull on it so its easy to connect...just thought I'd mention that since I always see people complaining about it.

well, this is probably useless now, but it was definetly routed wrong. YOu had it routed INSIDE the engine compartment, that's a no no, and that is why you practically had to fold it in half to make it work.

like ecu said, forward, near the k member, then down, through the steering rack, and along the BOTTOM of the car to the clutch fork. Do a search here under my name, or cable routing, there should be some pictures.