Engine Help with cylinder heads

1mustyLSC

Jun 19, 2019
Michigan
So, I am acquiring some GT40 heads from a buddy of mine. They have port work, bowl work, o-rings, decked .060 and have the correction cut on the intake side.

I'm looking to see if I just use a standard 9333pt1 head gasket with o-ringed heads and if having GT40 heads milled .060 will I run into any real PTV issues. (Stock Forged pistons, 1991 Lincoln Mark VII short block) I will check regardless when i put them on the engine and check with clay. I ask more to just rest my mind, if anyone knows how far you can go on GT40 castings before I run into issues or change my mind on installing them before I go pick them up.

Thanks in advance to all replies

• Sponsors (?)

They were done by a reputable machine shop and ran good on his car. Switched to aluminum heads when he built his new engine and is selling them to me at a very good cost so I'll take the gamble, plus they've been magnafluxed. I use to be the guy who pulled the GT40 at scrapyard and sold them years ago to fund my old car (before t boned) and I cant find anything but P heads anymore and I had to give my last set away.They're going on a near stock 5.0 minus most bolt on parts(explorer intake, headers, underdrive pullies, TB, CAI, ignition) and are a good bump in compression (if he remembered correctly around 10.2 to 1 comp ratio with stock pistons) and flow way better over my E7 with only bowl work and no smog bumps.