Interior and Upholstery Help with door lock actuator rod clip and bushing part numbers (and rivet)

alchemist

Jul 14, 2019
north carolina
On my 91 Mustang (front right door), the actuator motor failed. When i was removing it, there was a little yellow-brown plastic molded piece that had broken and was still attached to the actuator S-rod. The factory service manual blow-up shows a 'bushing' 38665-S and a 'clip' 390523-S. Does anyone know if i need both, to fit the actuator S-rod into the actuator lever on the door latch? Are they still available? I don't know whether that yellow-brown piece was the 'bushing' or the 'clip', btw.

One more question - The correct rivet number shows as N805995-S. Is this available?

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Aftermarket assortments of clips are available at the local parts stores. They are in the " Help " aisle. I know Advance, O'Reillys, and AutoZ sell them.

Use the attached PDF document to fix your door lock actuator problems

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $8. Fix one side for $20, do both sides for only $28. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

By the way, I am still using the same $4 actuators I bought in 2002 and this is the second Mustang I have installed them in! Beat that with your fancy replacements!

Attachments

• Door lock actuator fix.pdf
    592 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user