Help With Mustang Trunk Part...

hecriverajr

Jun 9, 2012
Hey, guys. First off, let me apologize profusely in advance if this question or one similar may have already been asked. I'm new here; go easy on me. :)

My question is in reference to the part in the photo I've attached. Does anyone know the name or the part number for it? I drive a 2005 Mustang, if that helps any. I'd Googled just about everything: "mustang trunk latch cover," "mustang trunk hinge cover..." Everything. The one on my car broke off, and is now just hanging there. I've tried to salvage it and do a little super-glue therapy to it, but it was to no avail. The trunk light still works, and the latch and everything are fine. It's just the cover itself that has broken and is now just hanging there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again, I apologize if someone elsewhere has already posed this question.
0604_mump_06z+2005_ford_mustang+trunk_lock.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

I am guessing that your little black plastic thread that goes into the lock clip is either stripped or busted off....
if you buy another one , sooner or later you will have the same problem...its an engineering design defect. ...sorry Ford techs...but you guys knew we were going to have to change the bulb behind that panel sooner or later, and the little pos clips can't handle being messed with.
So what to do? Exactly where the plastic posts extrude to feed into the slots is where you should drill a hole and substitute a screw....easy fix...but should not have ever had to be done, if the original design was a bullet proof as the undercarriage...what were they thinking?or not