Help with some tuner questions please

TheSalad

Aug 3, 2003
Utah
About 5 years ago, handheld tuners for 96-98 GTs were not available. I just finished my PI Swap, and the car was running rough, so I got a tuner called the Apexi Super-AFC. The instructions were all in some oriental language, but my local shop installed and tuned my car. I sold the car and bought it back after three years.

During that time the owner had the ECU replaced. I looked at the settings in the tuner and it seems like they were all erased. I think that because of that, as well as my tinkering with it, might be a reason for my current troubles.

Forgive the TECH question below, but there are some TALK points further down...

Anyway, the tuner is hard wired into the wires that go into the ECU, and I don't want it there anymore. If I take it out, and hook all the wires back up as they were originally. Am I going to have any issues anyone can think of?

Also, I wanted to get some more information on the SCT SF3 / XCal3 Power Flash Mustang Tuner.

I understand that it plugs into the OBDII port and does its thing.

Can it read trouble codes off of different vehicles or just mine or mustangs? I have a code reader already and I would like to offset the cost of the new tuner by selling my current code reader.

Also, is SCT any good? What types of things can be done with it as far as A/F monitoring, dyno tuning, and such?

• Sponsors (?)