help with suspension mods...

noslow5_0

Nov 7, 2003
dallas tx.
ok, well now that summer is here and im working full time, the suspension is gonna get some attention on the stang. At the moment there is gabriel gas a shocks in back, and monroe replacement struts up front, welded in subframes, some sort of aftermarket lower control arms with adjustable uppers, along with mac springs all around and no quad shocks.... Right now my car has the infamous "fox body lean" as ive heard it refered to. What would be a good setup for occasional strip use?? i would also like something that handles good on the street too... i was thinking lakewood 70/30's up front, 50/50 shocks out back with either steeda or eibach lowering springs along with a strut tower brace in both front and rear... ive been able to pull a 2 flat 60' on kumho's with my current setup... but the ride quality is nasty and it handles like crap...

• Sponsors (?)

First of all check for worn out parts and proper alignment. Besides that there are so many things that could help, especailly counting the age of the car.

Probally some firming up on the old skin. Probally a STB, CC plates, and all poly bushings would definatly make a night and day difference. Don't forget things like rack bushings and the stock steering shaft.

ok, i forgot to mention that i do have maximum motorsports cc plates, and poly bushings... its just that these mac springs are a horrbile ride along with the who knows how many mile replacement shocks/struts.... i was thinking something like kyb agx adjustable struts up front so that i can adjust them for either strip or street use, with ford performance racing b or c springs and lakewood 50/50 shocks in the back??? a pan hard bar and strut tower brace would finish off my suspension mods... would this cut nice 60' times and still be able to take nice turns??? i usually run my car at a local 1/8th mile track about every other weekend...