Help with the different Cold Air kits!!

gooch06

Sep 23, 2004
What's the difference between Mac's In the Fenderwell and their Straight Shot system? I know one goes in the fender and the other stays in the engine compartment. Mac says the Straight Shot is the best one out there better than the In the Fenderwell. I always thought that In the Fenderwell picks up more cold air than the ones underneath the hood? How is the Straight shot better, because of the heat shield? So confused please help!!

• Sponsors (?)

The MAC straight shots usually come with a MAF housing (sorta like a C&L Meter). Thats what makes it better. I installed the very first MAC Straight shot for a 2V Mustang made on my friends 04 GT and it really woke the car up.

I noticed you did the 3G Alt upgrade with uderdrive pullies. How did that work out and what kind of pullies did you use? Did you keep the underdrive Alt Pulley? Any problems with it if you did?

PoopDawg said:
The MAC straight shots usually come with a MAF housing (sorta like a C&L Meter). Thats what makes it better. I installed the very first MAC Straight shot for a 2V Mustang made on my friends 04 GT and it really woke the car up.

I don't think the Straight Shot comes with Mass Air meter, not for $160.00

PoopDawg said:
Yeah, some do and some don't. Oh well, I installed the one with the MAF

well, if im not retarded you said you installed it in a 4.6 right? now, correct me if im wrong, but dont the 4.6's have the maf built into the stock air filter intake system, in turn, making it impossable for you to instal any type of cai without a new maf?

if i was wrong in any of that, disregard it.