Fox Help With Value Of 79

Wonder what Mike would say about the 'junk pile'?
Just because he has maybe the second, no, third nicest fox platform on stangnet he can critique negatively about someone else's ride.
Lighten up Mike, it's a nice ride. Just needs a bellybutton V8 engine.

• Sponsors (?)

Wonder what Mike would say about the 'junk pile'?
Just because he has maybe the second, no, third nicest fox platform on stangnet he can critique negatively about someone else's ride.
Lighten up Mike, it's a nice ride. Just needs a bellybutton V8 engine.
It may be a nice ride, but it’s still it’s a stripe kit. Probably a dealer installed stripe kit. Think…..Cobra II.

If Somebody asks “do I have something new, or do I have a stripe kit?”
Do the guy a favor and tell him the truth.

No where in the history of this body style has a “ Laser II“ shown up….It’s the same as the local dealers here taking a S 197, and labeling it Shelby GT…
It may be as nice as you can get,……but It‘s still an S 197 with a stripe kit and it damn sure isn’t a Shelby anything.

It may be a nice ride, but it’s still it’s a stripe kit. Probably a dealer installed stripe kit. Think…..Cobra II.

If Somebody asks “do I have something new, or do I have a stripe kit?”
Do the guy a favor and tell him the truth.

No where in the history of this body style has a “ Laser II“ shown up….It’s the same as the local dealers here taking a S 197, and labeling it Shelby GT…
It may be as nice as you can get,……but It‘s still an S 197 with a stripe kit and it damn sure isn’t a Shelby anything.
Oh I agree totally with you, and as far as values, it's whatever the buyer is willing to pay.
Just 'poke'n the bear'.I
If someone wants a reality check have a pro tell you what its estimated value is.

Last edited:
C737A03A-AE1D-4FEF-B570-3E6B71E3F181.jpeg
This is the Laser II today! Built with a 302. Still zero information about it though anywhere. it’s definitely been through a lot, but it’s running smooth. It’s a dealer package from Michigan, but then sat for a long time. It’s been passed around and rebuilt, and now it’s my boyfriends forever car :) it’s solid! Going to try to find more information on it, just thought I’d keep the story going

Reactions: 1 user
Find a Ford dealership that's been around awhile in Michigan and call the service dept see if they have any info, you get a deluxe report from Marti.

C737A03A-AE1D-4FEF-B570-3E6B71E3F181.jpeg
This is the Laser II today! Built with a 302. Still zero information about it though anywhere. it’s definitely been through a lot, but it’s running smooth. It’s a dealer package from Michigan, but then sat for a long time. It’s been passed around and rebuilt, and now it’s my boyfriends forever car :) it’s solid! Going to try to find more information on it, just thought I’d keep the story going
Hello,

Sorry, haven’t been back to this site in years. I’m the original owner. Sold it on EBay in 2017 after 38 years. So happy to hear “The Laser Car” as we named it - has found it’s forever home. Here is my senior picture with the car in the fall of 1979.
IMG_0750.jpeg

Hello,

Sorry, haven’t been back to this site in years. I’m the original owner. Sold it on EBay in 2017 after 38 years. So happy to hear “The Laser Car” as we named it - has found it’s forever home. Here is my senior picture with the car in the fall of 1979.
IMG_0750.jpeg

That person hasn't been on in a while but their options are set to receive an email when their thread is posted to. If they still monitor that address...