Help with value

He seems to have some car knowledge for a young guy. Still that car calls for genius level knowledge. The guy at the local garage may not have a clue on that build. I took my car to the garage to have my distributor installed after PIP and the tech was arguing with me that it was a four cylinder at one time because it had four lugs. This guy was about forty. And he knocked off my vacuum under the intake and swore I had a large cam. I had to go home and fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

I think that the powerglide is the only thing that makes it "unstreetable". You'd probably want to change some other things to make it more comfortable, but not necessary. The suspension would is probably set up for drag racing and the carb will not be efficient for daily driving. The front wheels and tires would need to be swapped. AC and power steering are not necessary IMO but some (most) people like them. I think you're on the right track but I wouldn't buy that car as a daily. Honestly, I don't think I'd even buy it as a toy unless I was going to race it. It's a purpose built car. For a street car I would keep looking. You could certainly daily the right fox but it won't be as comfortable as your '11.

Oh, and to answer your question.. I don't think it's a good trade anyway. I figure your car is probably worth 18g, ballpark. I don't believe that's an 18g fox. I'm not up on race car values but I'm guessing that it's worth around 16g. These values could be off, but I'm thinking they're close?

I would look into trading the GT for a coyote swapped fox. I drive my fox daily in nice weather stock f150 coyote and get great gas mileage its fast as hell and reliable.
I would hands down trade for a yote swapped fox. Issue is, most people think their LS- and coyote-swapped cars are worth gold. I found a coyote swapped cobra selling for $13k but it was automatic.

Oh, yeah, that first drive will be like 'wow I could so do this, cool.
After owning and daily driving it a few months 'wow why did I do this, not cool'
This is a mild drag car. I bet you will not own it six months, wait you're 20 yrs old, I'll give it a year and it will be a garage queen.
I'm not being mean, just real. And you are sooo going to trade for that car. :jester:
You know me too well haha. Young kid looking for some fun and a beautiful car. I had my 2019 GT that I was in love with, ran on E85 and had long tubes, but got into an accident and totalled it from hydroplaning it so that was my biggest regret of 2020. Hopefully 2021 will be better!

Oh, and to answer your question.. I don't think it's a good trade anyway. I figure your car is probably worth 18g, ballpark. I don't believe that's an 18g fox. I'm not up on race car values but I'm guessing that it's worth around 16g. These values could be off, but I'm thinking they're close?
Somewhat close. If my car was 18g, I’d sell it immediately. I’d say it’s closer to a 14-15g coyote considering my high mileage, usually the 13-14 coyotes sell for more, idk why. I did find one fox in Delaware that was beautiful and looked fantastic, but the guy’s just selling it (and only for $7.5g). I’d also struggle getting a fox financed due to its age, anything past 20 years my bank requires an independent appraisal.

I think that the powerglide is the only thing that makes it "unstreetable". You'd probably want to change some other things to make it more comfortable, but not necessary. The suspension would is probably set up for drag racing and the carb will not be efficient for daily driving. The front wheels and tires would need to be swapped. AC and power steering are not necessary IMO but some (most) people like them. I think you're on the right track but I wouldn't buy that car as a daily. Honestly, I don't think I'd even buy it as a toy unless I was going to race it. It's a purpose built car. For a street car I would keep looking. You could certainly daily the right fox but it won't be as comfortable as your '11.
Yeah. I agree. My girlfriend’s 91 has no AC but its not terrible until the summer. Thankfully hers is a vert. Im honestly not that concerned about suspension comfortability, considering I had a 99 that had bad suspension, and I owned a 2019 GT so that was soft as hell. But yes, I definitely agree that it’s definitely built for a purpose, and that purpose isnt being a daily.
I have a question though, what would really make a streetable fox worth closer to 15k besides mileage? I’m kinda looking for something that’s cammed, manual, and has good paint but besides that?

Is there a reason you want out of the Coyote ? I want one bad,just can't justify it.
Want to get into something new. This is my 3rd coyote and I prefer the fox bodies and new edges with their body style and sound. Coyotes are great platforms for power, and I’d honestly prefer a boosted 99-04, but something about the fox bodies draw me towards. Its simple to cam them, they have a lot of aftermarket support regardless of age, plus who wouldn’t want to match with their s/o?
07FD638F-5708-4377-AAF9-EA8361F052F4.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Values may be different in my neck of the wood, but I was generous in my values. NA Coyote s187's range from 16-22 around me (depending on mileage, condition, and mods). You can pick up a REALLY nice stock bottom end, HCI T5 Fox for 10g, or even less. These cars have come up quite a bit in value recently, but, everything has come up A LOT in asking price this year alone. A car that was worth 5 grand 3 years ago is now with 10 grand, BUT, people are asking 15 grand. Some of them get it unfortunately.

I'm a little confused, are you saying a streetable fox is worth more than 15g? Generally over 15g cars are either blown, extremely built, original, low mileage, or any combo of those things.

Using that car as a DD would get old quick (PG, skinnys ,carb etc.) , unless you have something else to drive when you get tired of it or it breaks.
Heck my 93GT w/393w is more of a daily than that lol .....want to trade ?

Oh, yeah, that first drive will be like 'wow I could so do this, cool.
After owning and daily driving it a few months 'wow why did I do this, not cool'
This is a mild drag car. I bet you will not own it six months, wait you're 20 yrs old, I'll give it a year and it will be a garage queen.
I'm not being mean, just real. And you are sooo going to trade for that car. :jester:
Thats my call! Once he drives it, game over!! Would love to daily mine, but it is just a beating after while with the clutch, no a/c or heat and trying to stay outta the throttle so as not to get tickets.

Values may be different in my neck of the wood, but I was generous in my values. NA Coyote s187's range from 16-22 around me (depending on mileage, condition, and mods). You can pick up a REALLY nice stock bottom end, HCI T5 Fox for 10g, or even less. These cars have come up quite a bit in value recently, but, everything has come up A LOT in asking price this year alone. A car that was worth 5 grand 3 years ago is now with 10 grand, BUT, people are asking 15 grand. Some of them get it unfortunately.

I'm a little confused, are you saying a streetable fox is worth more than 15g? Generally over 15g cars are either blown, extremely built, original, low mileage, or any combo of those things.
I was sort of asking what would truly make a car worth something equal to mine. I’ve seen boosted ones, but they all usually have that :poo:ty blower from the company that dissolved and had issues. Obviously car prices from all generations have gone up, which is really :poo:ty, but it is the beginning of 2021 so hopefully people get their :poo: together and quit asking such high prices. I was planning on selling mine and buying a really nice four-eye canary yellow that was in great condition, he only wanted $7,500, but I barely got any bites for mine on the market.

I was sort of asking what would truly make a car worth something equal to mine. I’ve seen boosted ones, but they all usually have that :poo:ty blower from the company that dissolved and had issues. Obviously car prices from all generations have gone up, which is really :poo:ty, but it is the beginning of 2021 so hopefully people get their :poo: together and quit asking such high prices. I was planning on selling mine and buying a really nice four-eye canary yellow that was in great condition, he only wanted $7,500, but I barely got any bites for mine on the market.

the fox body market Is all over the place and you’ll get tons of different opinions. Theres regional variations, as well as variations based on quality of parts used. There’s also the “hack” factory when buying a modified car. Was it assembled correctly, or by someone who cut corners out of laziness or lack of fabrication experience? Many people don’t understand why they put the parts on that they do. They just think aftermarket > stock, even if they are destroying suspension geometry or creating rear axle bind and creating a car that rides like a brick on the street but justified by some failed understanding of “it must be better because it’s not stock”

the values for newer cars tends to be more stable because they are more readily available, and less likely to be modified. You can find a dozen unmolested models, and most owners tend to have purchased them somewhat new, so they are less likely to hack a car up that they have a $30k bank lien on. You might not find a hacked up body harness in a 2011, but it might be quite common in a fox body that has had 7 owners and has been pieces together from 3 different cars.

With that said, it’s tough to assign value to the orange car without personally inspecting. One needs to look at the sum of the oarts and see how they are assembled. Mismatched fasteners? Wiring consisting of wire nuts or loose butt-connectors with no heat shrink? Hidden rust/rot or floorboard damage under all that nice paint? This is why people pay big money for unmolested, stock examples with a paper trail. And not to sound like an ass, but people who think Foxbodies should be $2k cars tend to modify them as if they are worthless with no quality of workmanship/materials. And then some people get smitten by a poor car, with a few nice goodies on it. A shiny vortech on a rusted coupe isn’t really a sound investment if you are looking to buy. Then there are those that think their rot box is worth $6k because a nice coupe sold for $18k

Long story short, fox body values are a :poo: show

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users