Hey Yall New Guy Here!!!

RedBeast01

Jan 30, 2007
Hobbs,NM
Hey everybody! I just bought an 88 5.0. The mods are headers,h-pipe,flows,E303 cam, and 3.73 gears. I was wanting to know what else I can do that would be the best bang for the $$$. So if yall could give me any info it would help a lot. Thanks for yalls time.

• Sponsors (?)

hey Man, Welcome to Stang-net... you can to the Right Place, Nice Car! i just bought my 90Gt 5.0 a few months ago... Do you have any pics ?.. if so and your not sure how to post them ill help you out. just let me know!

Enjoy the site...spend some time and you'll find the site covers SO many aspects of mustangs you can litterally find a forum section to strike up a conversation on near anything :) . The 5.0 Tech section is FULL of informantion available with the search button, and the 5.0 talk section is full of good people to interact with. Post a pic, ask a question....oh and watch out for Dman....we all think he's crazy.

Enjoy the site...spend some time and you'll find the site covers SO many aspects of mustangs you can litterally find a forum section to strike up a conversation on near anything :) . The 5.0 Tech section is FULL of informantion available with the search button, and the 5.0 talk section is full of good people to interact with. Post a pic, ask a question....oh and watch out for Dman....we all think he's crazy.

:nonono: Well said.

Welcome aboard....there are countless lists of what modifications to do, a little hunting around and you will find them.

People love to see pics, so when you get a chance post some so we can all see what you have.

Welcome to the board! Our Guest Services Coordinator (Strype) should be along shortly to give you the list of daily activities you can participate in.

Welcome to our humble forums. Is this new '88 5.0 a Notch, Hatch or Vert? If it's a Notch, it must be handed over to the "Stangnet Notch Preservation Society" for inspection and drooling upon. ASAP OMG LOL :SNSign:

heads really depend on what u want to do to the car later! like u wouldnt want to buy 2 sets of heads cause u wanted more power later. id say if u plan to mod later then go with AFR 185 or a similer head size and if u dont plan to do more then go with AFR 165 ot TFS TW heads!

avoid the CAI market...you will find the fox body mustangs use an excellent CAI setup in stock form. Ensure the silencer in the fenderwell is removed and get yourself a K&N panel filter for that stock air box. The money you save on the CAI will be better spent on mods that actually make power for ya....there are PLENTY of those to be found. Again the search button in TECH holds an absolute wealth of info on parts that users have experience with and can give you some background not only on the performance aspects, but what to expect for the install as well.

Welcome aboard!! everyone has told you what this place is all about, it gets addicting!

if u wanna be in the posse or get vids, be nicer lil boy!!:rlaugh:

BTW welcome to stangnet! enjoy the stay!the people that owned it did the basics first so thier is not much u can do now. i would start now with supporting the cam thats in it! like heads, intake, TB, MAF, ect!

+1 on supporting the cam - also get those subframes welded with some subframe connectors to make sure you dont want anything tweaking that isnt susposed to be tweaked