Hi Everyone Here Hope Someone Can Answer My Question!

Ruck69

Aug 18, 2015
I have 1969 mch1 it has 390 engine unfortunately the engine is damaged. I need a reliable alternative engine for daily use to install it with my c6 transsmition. Waiting for your recommendation. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks,
That was helpful but I'd like to have more details, like: from where can I buy the engine? Something with good quality and affordable. My priority is daily use, horse power comes next.

There are several places to get a small block Ford crate motor ,Summit racing ,Ford motor sports and even through the parts vendors such as Mustangs Unlimited or National Parts Depot .Transmissions are the same most of the vendors carry them . The 350 hp crate motor would be a good motor for you .plenty of horse power and good reliability . It is not a hard swap to do but you will need all the pulleys ,motor mounts ,and a few other odds and ends .

I'm considering keeping the original engine at home and get a new daily drive engine and Trans, the problem is that I don't have enough info about ford engines, still researching about them.

That looks like a sweet engine but That 390 will produce a lot of power with little performance upgrades. Even bone stock it will be fun to drive and make a decent daily driver. From your explanation it sounds like you'll need a new rotating assembly (assuming its a rod knocking?) or at least some machine work on the crank? My two cents- rebuild the 390 with stock crank, performance heads, cam, intake, electronic ignition and better carb.

I see that you are suggesting me to rebuild/ restore the engine (I know this is better for the budget).
The thing is that I am not ready for more tests nor experiments. The vehicle already under went restoration including the engine.
I made up my mind. You are all helpful but the details I am want to cofirm is what type of engines should I go for.
Bottom line, what is the best 351w + c6 + front upgrade suspension kit?

The thing is that I am not ready for more tests nor experiments

That's why I also suggested that "Bone Stock" would work well But there is nothing wrong with that crate engine you posted a link to. I think that would be a great an fun choice. I also am with Horse. You have room to stuff a 427/428 in there too. Just have to decide what would work for a daily driver when it comes to gas mileage. If gas mileage is not an issue then go as big as you can.
As for front suspension there are many choices and just as many suggestions as to what is best. On my car I have only upgraded the front coil springs and done the "Shelby drop" on the upper control arm and I'm ok with how it handles although I've thought about rack and pinion setup just to quicken up my steering.

Looking for suspension kit, steering rack and pinion, for an upgrade. So i will be left with 7k maximum space for the engine. I think it is difficult to find a 427/428 with this budget for daily drive . Still searching for companies.....