Hi I'm the new guy, here is what I got.

Codeman

Aug 16, 2011
SE Mo
I've been a around the Mustang forums off and on for many years and somehow never registered here. Well I just picked up a new fox project. Lets see what you guys think.

Car belonged to a very good friend of mine so I know how it was treated and what exactly was done to it. Here is the catch, he took it apart 6 years ago to paint after his son knocked it out of gear and wrapped the drivers door around a light pole. So I bought a giant do it your self model kit. Luckily most of the stuff is bagged and labeled because he is anal like that. LOL Car has been inside the entire time, so other than being filthy it's not too bad. It runs and drives, interior is all out and body is completely disassembled. But it is in primer and ready to paint, and I got a gallon of paint with it.

Ok the good stuff, '89 LX Hatch, 5 speed, 3.73 gears fairly fresh posi, Steeda shifter, aftermarket uppers and lowers, 2 full sets of sport seats (1 nice set one not so nice), rolling on 10 holes, but I live in the past so that's what I like. LOL

Now for the motor and where I would like to find out a few things, he swapped in a '96 Explorer motor (He says 9.2 Comp ratio and hyper pistons?) sometime before it was damaged 6-7 years ago. Here is the laundry list. Has stock '89 HO cam in it, C&L 73mm Meter, 24# injectors, 65mm Explorer TB, and 1 5/8 FMS Shorties to 2 1/2" Off Road H Pipe into 2 1/2" 3 chamber Flowmasters with dumps. What can I expect out of this thing once I make a pass in it? I know a cam change would prob help it out. This is my first injected car, so having it tuned would probably be a good thing too. I drove it a few times before he took it apart, it was a blast and pulled hard, just never was at the track.

So lay it on me, what do you think? I hesitate to even say what I gave for it. LOL Might have stole it might have got taken. :D

See if I can attach this pic from Sat when I brought it home.

Attachments

• stang.jpg
    stang.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Sponsors (?)

I just want to DRIVE it right now. LOL

What would be a good cam to upgrade to in this combo? Also I have been reading that the C&L Meter isn't such a good piece. What would be the one to switch to?

This is my setup and it runs really good .....cam is great, nice sound at low RPM...

5.0 forged
GT40P heads , Ford Racing 36 Lbs. Injectors
F303 Roller cam 288° DURATION 512 lift, Roller rockers
Trick Flow upper and lower intake
70mm Throttle body, 76mm Mass Air # 103 sensor
Supercharger making 9 psi, 6 inch lower and 2.90 upper pulleys
Fuel Management system
A9s computer Soon to have Moates QuarterHorse
DM-6 Multi Gauge and Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Sensor
World Class T5 Trans with Dual RAM clutch
Aluminum drive shaft
Short throw shifter
255lph BBK fuel pump
Ford racing shorty headers, X pipe and flow masters
Front line locks
Suspension Modifications: New Tubular K member , control arms and coil over struts.
rear control arms with double adjustable uppers
8.8 rear with 4.10's , Moser Engineering Axels 31 Spline

here is a link for ya..

http://www.brothersperformance.com/p-4399-85-95-mustang-50-f303-ford-racing-roller-camshaft.aspx