Indiana
I think these will prove to be popular

87797747-6977-4E24-801A-5D07A2753E95.jpeg
89F7F7AE-05AD-40D6-925A-CD9A1EED66C7.jpeg
6738C46C-F353-42C5-B6ED-96F68293937E.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

OK, couple questions.....

1) is that same upper they sell for the rest of their hi-ram intakes?

2) any provisions for a fox style Tb instead of the ls one?

3) any chance the upper can be spun 180 so the high part is in the back where there might be more hood clearance?

4) release date? Guessing it's at/will be at sema this year?

OK, couple questions.....

1) is that same upper they sell for the rest of their hi-ram intakes?

2) any provisions for a fox style Tb instead of the ls one?

3) any chance the upper can be spun 180 so the high part is in the back where there might be more hood clearance?

4) release date? Guessing it's at/will be at sema this year?
The pics are from sema. The intake can be spun 180. At least it could on the LS. I think either way the lid portion can. I think the 4 bolt lid is the only style. Probably just to simplify production. Not 100% sure there yet.

Any possibility of a shorter one for people who are running without a distributor?
They make a midram. Not sure if it’ll be made for this platform since it won’t clear a dist. Honestly it’s a junk intake, they’re not open plenums like the high ram, they’re a dual 4150 style intake with a hat over them basically. Disappointing they’ve never made a good version, there’s huge demand for a hi ram style intake with better clearance

dammit, why did i have to look at this thread? ive spent the last three days trying to do the math to see if i could get one under a 2.5" cowl:thinking:
You won’t fit a hi ram under a 2.5” hood unless I’m greatly miscalculating the deck high and mounting location differences

C30BFAE3-41C2-4F26-AB0B-32D43297C652.png

Reactions: 3 users
holleys site says 11.41" from china wall to top of casting. i would (try to) run it backwards from the way you have it.

the super vic is 6.25" tall. add 2" for a 4150 t/b and another 2-3" for an air cleaner. thats 10.25-11.25". if going the elbow route, its around 11.5" (going off published #'s).

this is how mine sits right now:
091717.jpg

from the pinch weld to the top cowl panel is iirc 2", the broom is right over the carb flange with another 2.25" so thats 4.25" of room left as it sits. the headers are actually touching the floorboards (and the booster sits on the headers) so im going to add at least a 1" k-member spacer, so that 5.25". currently have a 1.5" rise hood, so thats 6.75ish. add the 6.25 height of the sv and....13"? i know the front will be less than that, but really going by the numbers that holley overall is in about the same height range as a tfs-r (non-box) which can be made to work under a stock hood with some effort.

just spitballing at this point, but it sure is enough to make me reconsider the sv.

So you're getting one?
:D
seriously considering it

my biggest hangup, strange as it may sound, is that its just one more thing that will make my 427 look like an ls. hopefully with the top turned around and the distributor and water neck in full view, it will be more recognizable. i know, weird right? but in this day and age of crossgender engine swaps, a little pride in actually being just having a grown up version of what came stock is a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It doesn't seem that difficult to remove the upper lid, what 10 small bolts, and it appears as if the lower is grooved for a reusable rubber seal. Yea sure, a few extra steps to get to the distributor, but probably only a few minutes extra time.