High beams always on?

Hi all - I have a 92LX. When I turn on the headlights, the high beam indicator (blue dash light) always remains on. Can’t turn it off using stalk. I assume people are just seeing my brights now.

Any ideas of where the problem lies? Headlight switch and headlights are brand new fyi.

• Sponsors (?)

You better check power and grounds on both headlight connectors and check the bulbs for being the correct ones
If you have power on both lamp feeds your harness has shorted or the switch is faulty
So check the switch as well (new does not mean good)
Ohm out the wires back and forth

Do you have not checked that the high beams are really on? A wall, garage door or driving at night should tell you this. If the owls in the trees cuss you out, they are stuck on high.
If you live in a place that always has street lights, that’s another matter.
Multifunction switch
The multi malfunction switch? The aluminum in that switch in the 79 I had broke in half twice. Since the horn button(s) are back on the steering wheel long before 92, I hope it’s an improved part.

I had that a while ago. Blue indicator was on with regular and with brights. Just dealt with it since I mostly drove during the day.
At some point, I broke a bulb when doing some work. Put new bulbs in, and blue light works properly now. Off with regular lights, on with brights. :shrug:

Ok this might after the horse left the barn. My 89 FB. starter solenoid caused my headlights to stay on even with the key off? Had to disconnect the battery, to turn them off. + I had a water soaked M.F.S. high beams only

I had that a while ago. Blue indicator was on with regular and with brights. Just dealt with it since I mostly drove during the day.
At some point, I broke a bulb when doing some work. Put new bulbs in, and blue light works properly now. Off with regular lights, on with brights. :shrug:
Re-reading this thread as it popped up again, it just hit me that - I guess the blue light for the bright indicator works on resistance of the power through the bulbs? All good bulbs=proper resistance= light works properly! Maybe I had a bad bulb all along.

Reactions: 1 users