High Water Temp on stang

• Sponsors (?)

The motor was assembled by a machine shop, therefore I am not sure of the placement.. I don't have the ect sensor anymore. I have the fan on high constantly.

I believe you still have the stock computer but you have a Tweecer R/T hooked up, right? Hissin confirmed in another thread that the computer in our Stangs adjusts the fuel to bring the engine up to operating temps faster. Once it reaches operating temperature, the fuel mixture goes back to normal. I also believe that the computer will pull fuel (and I presume injector pulse) if the ECT reports a really high temperature. (think of it as a last-ditch effort to keep the engine from throwing up all its coolant in the engine bay. :puke:) Without an ECT, what will the computer do? Perhaps it's stuck in warm-up mode.

Today I installed and connected the ECT. It idled much better. I did notice the temp get to 210* and stay there on my autometer gauge. However, on my PMS, the temp was 186-190*. Which is right? How can I get my temp down more? I would like it to be around 180-195*

190*F would be about 0.64 volts at the ECT.

210 would be just under 0.50 V.

I'd check with your DMM to see if you can interpolate which reading is more accurate.

FWIW, I've checked gauge calibration on my ECT vs the AM gauge (the AM sender is located in the stock sending unit location). Though the sender and sensor (gauge and ECT, respectively) are in differing locales, they were within 1* of eachother most of the time. At about 185*F I noted a 4* lag in the ECT. This lasted for about 15 seconds and then caught up. I know that doesnt help you, but maybe it gives an example of how my car is.