Hit 148-149 mph in stock '02 GT auto conv!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
0616061925-1.jpg

GT brakes do suck...

I thought auto GT's were limited at 125? I had my 2000 Gt to 145 in 4th, didn't gain any speed when shifting to 5th... I have a video of the flyby somewhere, gotta upload it.

Attachments

• 0616061925-1.jpg
    0616061925-1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 71
  • Sponsors (?)

wait J Fitz is here?:eek:

Yeah 140-150 in our cars w/ our suspension is just plain stupid. Even when i took out the Shelby GT-H w/ it's very tight suspension i only brought it up to 130

Have you even had your car or any newer (99-04) stang up to 140+? I can say that @ 148 I could have easily driven it with 1 hand...totally stable and safe feeling. I obviously didnt take one hand off lol, but just trying to show you how stabil it was.
Only things I was worried about was

A. Cops
B. Some random person pulling out, even though its HIGHLY unlikely
C. Random animal crossing
D. tire blowing out

Its a risk, but thats why iv only did it once....and ill never do it again in a bolton GT. When my car gets turbos I MAY do it on the way back from GA (LONG 3 lane highways seperated from the oposing lane by about 100' of trees.) And thats only because it will get to 150MPH a HECK of alot faster than before....less time im there the better.

Only other time Iv been that fast is receintly on the busa. Ran it to 150MPH....and it actually feels like a MUCH safer thing to do vs when I ran 148 in the car. And thats because of how fast it can be done.
Just a matter of <1/4 mile from 60MPH for the busa to get 150, but the car took 9 tenths of a mile.
I was babying the busa...hit it in 4th and short shifted to 5th (WAY early @100ish) and still got there rediculously fast....in the car I was going flat out giving it all she had.

that kid's just too young to know any better.

i've read about the axle in stangs causing unpredictable handling sometimes. don't they make panhard bars for that?

Yea I know...hes like 15 years old. Buts its happened mulitible times and I havnt said anything...after a while and if im tired (like now) I cant hold my...er fingers from typing. :shrug:

He will just wind up getting himself banned again...guess I should let him go for it :D .

Oh and iv heard that in testing the rearend has moved 1 inch side to side...but I guess those loads were much higher than the adverage testing. COuldnt be healthy for your suspension :eek:

Have you even had your car or any newer (99-04) stang up to 140+? I can say that @ 148 I could have easily driven it with 1 hand...totally stable and safe feeling. I obviously didnt take one hand off lol, but just trying to show you how stabil it was.
Only things I was worried about was

A. Cops
B. Some random person pulling out, even though its HIGHLY unlikely
C. Random animal crossing
D. tire blowing out

Its a risk, but thats why iv only did it once....and ill never do it again in a bolton GT. When my car gets turbos I MAY do it on the way back from GA (LONG 3 lane highways seperated from the oposing lane by about 100' of trees.) And thats only because it will get to 150MPH a HECK of alot faster than before....less time im there the better.

Only other time Iv been that fast is receintly on the busa. Ran it to 150MPH....and it actually feels like a MUCH safer thing to do vs when I ran 148 in the car. And thats because of how fast it can be done.
Just a matter of <1/4 mile from 60MPH for the busa to get 150, but the car took 9 tenths of a mile.
I was babying the busa...hit it in 4th and short shifted to 5th (WAY early @100ish) and still got there rediculously fast....in the car I was going flat out giving it all she had.

I never said it was unsafe due purely to the mustang's conditions, i said it was generally stupid. At 150+ you have minimal time to correct even the smallest problem, you have about 2 seconds to accomidate for the oversized pot hole you didn't notice last time you were cruising, and even if you manage to miss it you have to remain stable and straight at those speeds. Not worth it in my book, but you guys have fun

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Status
Not open for further replies.