HobieDude16's *OFFICIAL* 2009 NCAA Football Thread

I dont know who Troy Smith is, Im as dumb w/ the NCAA as you are w/ the NFL :D

Troy Smith would be the QB for Ohio State in 2006, who won the Heisman, had an undefeated team, and got PWNED by UF in the BCS National Championship. His team was held to 82 yards total offense, and his stats were 4 of 14 for 35 yards, got sacked 5 times, an interception, and a fumble.

:nice:
 
Troy Smith would be the QB for Ohio State in 2006, who won the Heisman, had an undefeated team, and got PWNED by UF in the BCS National Championship. His team was held to 82 yards total offense, and his stats were 4 of 14 for 35 yards, got sacked 5 times, an interception, and a fumble.

:nice:

Don't forget to mention that Troy came into the game with an extra 20 pounds of "banquet weight" and looked more like a lineman than the agile QB he was during the regular season. One other thing is our "game changer" was out after the opening kickoff that he took the distance. Do you really think UF would have won last year if Tebo came into the game out-of-shape and overweight and you lost his key weapon on the first play? Obviously that's a moot point because Tebo is too driven to let that happen to him.

Sorry for the "excuses", I'm just frustrated that Ohio State has replaced Oklahoma as the " most over rated BCS team" in the eyes of the nation. 1 Embarrassing loss to UF and a loss to LSU when we shouldn't have even been there and everything positive is forgotten.
 
so as far as the past few years has Ohio been underachievers as far as what was expected out of them?

'05 Was a 1 loss team, lost to Texas at the Horseshoe with Vince Young tossing a last minute pass to win the game, then rolled through the Big Ten and embarrassed Notre Dame in a BCS Bowl Game. Texas went on to beat USC for the National Title.

'06 was not a good year as far as national opinion goes. We were a pre-season top 5 team, ranked number 1 less than halfway through the season, took out #2 Michigan to end the regular season, then laid an egg against Florida in the title game.

'07 started off with us outside the top 10, then we worked up to #1 around week 8 or 9, then lost to Illinois in the 2nd to last game of the regular season. Dropped back to 4 or 5 to end the regular season, then got into the title game due to everyone in front of us losing after our regular season was over. We weren't supposed to be there in '07, but we wound up there and lost to LSU in a manner that wasn't embarrassing like the year before, but it wasn't really close.

'08 was up in the air. We started off pretty highly ranked, but lost our Heisman candidate running back for 4 games in the first game and he was out for the USC game. In that game, Todd "are those footsteps I hear?" Boeckman was awful. The one bright spot was TP's 52 yards in 10 plays. After that, we spent the season breaking in TP. Yes, we lost to Texas in a BCS bowl game, but we covered the spread easily and took it to the wire. No shame there against a team that many thought should have been playing Florida for the title instead of Oklahoma.

Take away the '06 embarrassment and the national opinion is much different. It doesn't help that the Big Ten hasn't been the strongest BCS conference the last 4-5 years, but it's still better than the ACC, Big East, or Pac 10 (who are they w/o USC?). The other problem is that OSU has the largest alumni base in the country and there are Buckeye's everywhere, ready and willing to shout O...H! which will be responded by an I...O! I personally witnessed the ESPN Zone in the NY-NY casino in Las Vegas get taken over with the cops having to be called for a regular season game against Michigan State back in '06. The level to which the typical Buckeye fan will take their enthusiasm over the top is annoying to most, infuriating to some, so when we look bad, the rest of the country is quick to hate. At the end of the day, we do have 7 National Titles including one in this decade (2002) and 90+ wins for this decade, we aren't that bad.

At the end of the day, the SEC has been getting it done the last few years, so OSU is an easy target for those guys since 2 of their titles came over us.
 
'06 was not a good year as far as national opinion goes. We were a pre-season top 5 team, ranked number 1 less than halfway through the season, took out #2 Michigan to end the regular season, then laid an egg against Florida in the title game.

Quick correction.... Ohio State was preseason #1, and held it the entire year until they got whooped by UF.


The other problem is that OSU has the largest alumni base in the country and there are Buckeye's everywhere, ready and willing to shout O...H! which will be responded by an I...O! I personally witnessed the ESPN Zone in the NY-NY casino in Las Vegas get taken over with the cops having to be called for a regular season game against Michigan State back in '06. The level to which the typical Buckeye fan will take their enthusiasm over the top is annoying to most, infuriating to some, so when we look bad, the rest of the country is quick to hate. At the end of the day, we do have 7 National Titles including one in this decade (2002) and 90+ wins for this decade, we aren't that bad.

I normally don't have an issue with Ohio State, but their fans are sometimes very annoying/arrogant. My former boss while I worked between college semesters was a huge OSU fan. Start of the season, he goes "OSU is preseason #1, UF is only 7, good luck with that!" I told him I'd talk to him come NC time.

I talked to him after UF was announced to be playing in the game. He told me, and I quote, "I want to tell you two things. 1. Congrats on being number 2 in the nation. 2. It's going to be a blowout." I told him I'd talk to him after the game....

Called him the day after the game. He hung up on me three times. Finally he listened, and I told him I had only one thing to say.... "1. Congrats on being number 2 in the nation. 2. It was a blowout!" I had a huge ****eating grin on my face, that's for sure! But he responded with "just wait till we win basketball, we have Greg Oden." Arrogant as hell, and he wouldn't talk to me after we whipped them in basketball, too....
 
CB Thanks for the run down



I normally don't have an issue with Ohio State, but their fans are sometimes very annoying/arrogant.

I should fit right in :D

My former boss while I worked between college semesters was a huge OSU fan. Start of the season, he goes "OSU is preseason #1, UF is only 7, good luck with that!" I told him I'd talk to him come NC time.

I talked to him after UF was announced to be playing in the game. He told me, and I quote, "I want to tell you two things. 1. Congrats on being number 2 in the nation. 2. It's going to be a blowout." I told him I'd talk to him after the game....

Called him the day after the game. He hung up on me three times. Finally he listened, and I told him I had only one thing to say.... "1. Congrats on being number 2 in the nation. 2. It was a blowout!" I had a huge ****eating grin on my face, that's for sure!


Now that is AWESOME!!!!!!!
 
I normally don't have an issue with Ohio State, but their fans are sometimes very annoying/arrogant.

Trust me, I know how idiotic they can be all too well. I live in Columbus so obviously the sports talk radio is all about Buckeye's football 365 days a year. The complete nonsense that comes out of some people's mouths is unreal. Way too many myopic people who don't know football in our fan base. Since '07, after any loss, you'll get people calling in saying why Tressel should be fired. C'mon, how can anyone seriously think that? He has brought us back the prominence we had under Woody Hayes during his glory days of the late 60's and 70's. Another classic example of the idiots around here are how they were blaming TP for losing the game against Penn State last year because he fumbled on the 3rd and 1 play, saying we would have won if Boeckman was the QB. Anyone who knows football and watched the Buckeye's during the '07 and '08 seasons knows damn well that Boeckman wouldn't have survived the 1st half with the way the PSU D was dominating the line of scrimage against us. TP was the only reason the game was that close!
 
Hey, I remember him

2004112850.jpg


:p

You're welcome :rlaugh: All I can say is that everything you hear about Todd is that he's a really nice kid and a true team player, but he had no faith in our O-line (justifiable) and didn't have that winner spirit to shake off the big hits and still make plays.