Holley Hp Efi

MikeH686

Mine is only two inches though.
10 Year Member
Oct 11, 2011
Waldorf, MD
anybody on here have a Holley hp on their car and hooked up the rev limiter to act as 2-step? I wired it all up right and selected soft cut and set it to be a little bit below my converter rating but when I tested it out it doesn't act or sound right. Never had a 2-step in the car so I'm not sure if it is the way it's supposed to be or not.

• Sponsors (?)

anybody on here have a Holley hp on their car and hooked up the rev limiter to act as 2-step? I wired it all up right and selected soft cut and set it to be a little bit below my converter rating but when I tested it out it doesn't act or sound right. Never had a 2-step in the car so I'm not sure if it is the way it's supposed to be or not.
So then that's gonna be a tough one to help you with Mike, if you've never had a 2 step as a reference.

Does it cut fuel, or spark? Hell it might do both IDK

I googled it and got this sound clip.

Save for the turbo or whatever is spooling, the actual rev limiter sounds like every other one I've heard before.

I can select how I want it I talk to Kris and we tried a couple of things I did spark cut first and then Holley has a option for soft so I did that one I upped my set points from 2800-3400 and it doesn't sound like any of these videos I know what 2-steps sound like but I never been in a car using one.

image.jpeg

Your on and off rpm are too close together. The rpms will bounce a bit when on the 2 step. You may be having an issue with it turning on and off because your set points are too close.

Reactions: 1 user
The weird thing is the Holley instructions say to keep it within 50rpms but I'll give that a try I also have the option for spark high only I saw people on the Holley forum say that's what they were using

I'm not sure I'm still learning this 2-step part of the system I read somewhere I might have to adjust the fuel table where it's at. This might be something I play with this weekend I was hoping it was gonna be somewhat simple but if I have to play with the fuel table I'll do that after tonight. I'm going to MIR tonight to race and I'll just unplug the relay for the 2-step I don't wanna mess anything up

I have a Fast XFI, so things may be a bit different with the Holley set up. I do not let my system go into closed loop until after the 2 step (trans brake) has been released. If the system is in closed loop on the 2 step it goes all over the place chasing A/F. With spark being shut off to limit rpm, there is too much fuel in the exhaust and the O2 goes nuts trying to correct, and then when the brake is released and all of the cylinders are firing, the system is lean from trying to chase the overfuel while on the 2 step. Best to just set the fuel table for X on the 2 step and don't let the system correct during that time.

Reactions: 1 user
That should be easy. There should be a setting for closed loop activation based on engine rpm. Set it for a rpm that is a few hundred higher than the 2-step. That way it can't go into closed lop until after you release the trans brake. On my car, the 2 step is set for 2,400 rpm. Closed loop does not come on until 2,750 rpm.