Holley Systemax Intake Question

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
I just picked up a Holley Systemax nitrous plate that fits in between the upper and lower intake. I am wondering if there are any other intakes besides the 302 truck lower that fit this same nitrous plate?

buying new intakes is pretty much out of my budget right now. While aftermarket intakes are plentiful on the used market, finding one specific type of intake can be troublesome. So I am trying to find other intakes that will match this plate, if any.

so far I know that the 302 truck lower and the old Vortec intakes will fit. I am hoping there are others.

• Sponsors (?)

one thing I've never been one to 100% sure about though, is the 302 truck lower a direct fit onto the fox body 302?

I was thinking about making my own upper intake manifold. I have the abilities and the tools to do so, could be a fun little project. plus it would save me some cash to put it elsewhere in the car.

Sweet, thanks. What did these normally come on? I can check out the junk yard tomorrow.

They are pretty common I hope.

No. From what I have read the box uppers do not work well on NA/Nitrous 302s.

I'll design an upper with runners and a plenum. I'm thinking of using a 03 Cobra twin 55mm TB I have sitting around. They flow well when ported and still retain good throttle response.

Will do. I'm getting my computer back this weekend. I might design and and do some testing in SolidWorks to see some flow data before cutting anything.