Homemade grille delete

Who has made one? and how? pics? I'm just about done with mine but I broke the tabs off the back of the running pony :mad: so now I have to attach it to the black plastic piece some other way. All I have here is JB weld, and I'm pretty sure that wont work on plastic. Am I correct? SuperGlue wont hold if it gets wet, any suggestions? I'll upload my crappy camera phone pics here in a little bit of how I did mine.

I deleted the PM's from the guy who was helping me with it so chime in here maybe you can help..

• Sponsors (?)

Just buy another pony, or use the one off your stock grill.

Homemade grill delete just sounds bad to me. It's the front of your car, where most of the attention will be drawn. When was the last time you saw a car with something "homemade" that looked good??

Well see, i took the pony/corral off, took the corral part off and kept the black plastic piece that the pony attaches to..but I broke the tabs. It looks perfect if I can get it to stay, I already had it on with double sided tape but I'm not letting it go that way. I'll show you when its done, it looks just like one you buy.

You have the roush bumper right??

All you needed to do was take your stock inner GT grill trim peice, trim out the center so you can get to the mounting slot and screw holes and then go on ebay and buy a pony from a 94-98 Mustang and put that on.

If you want the corral, Roush sells a floating corral peice that looks like the stock grill except it fits in a grill delete and "floats"

ok heres some pics. i first took the 2 screws out to get the pony/corral off ( i didnt have a grille). in the process i broke the little posts off the back of the pony, so now theres nothing to hold it to the plastic piece. i removed the corral, and trimmed the plastic piece so you wouldnt be able to see it sticking up around the edges of the pony.

4.jpg

^^thats before i started trimming^^
3.jpg

^^the pony removed from the plastic backing^^
6.jpg

5.jpg

^^empty grill^
1.jpg

^^after i started trimming the piece down^^
2.jpg

^^thats what it will look like^^
7.jpg

^^thats it right now^^

im going to trim it so it doesnt look like a "V" in the back of it there. does that help some of you understand a little better?

Super glue has held mine on for almost 2 years now :shrug:

I had to take my pony off my stock one and put it on a Roush bracket, so i basically glued the back of the pony to the bracket. and i put rubber bands around it all while it was drying for a few days then cut them off. still is working for me :D

I made own years ago.

I just cut the pony out a long with the black piece behind it. I used the horse as a template for cutting out the black piece. Then I removed the locking washers that hold the black piece to the back of the pony. I drilled the black piece that was behind the pony in the middle. After that I put a bolt through it and through one end of a double L shaped bracket then tightened it down. I then reattached the pony to the black piece using the original locking washers. After this I drilled the header panel directly behind where the grill was and attached the opposite end of the L bracket to it using another bolt and nut.. Took less than an hour.

Kinda like this

Pony-bolt-black piece-|-wingnut--------------bolt-|-header panel-Nut
----------------------------|______bracket...______|------------------------