homemade Sequential taillights?

I want to put some seq. on my stang but I dont feel like paying 150-200$.Iv already put 2 additional bulbs in each taillight and made dividers for them.Does anyone know a cheap seq. module to use or anything I can rig up?Ive got a 65 stang so I dont want to buy something thats made for a 94+.

• Sponsors (?)

Sequential Unit

Thanks, Dolfan! Did you install it yet? Let me know how it works.

Stephen, got to www.chepsk8.stangnet.com/sequential.htm for a picture of the unit I sell. PM me if you have any questions. Dolfan asked a ton, but I happily helped him out.

what taillights are you using? just remember, if you are dividing the stock Mustang taillight, the effect will be harder to see, since the segments are close together. Sealing of each compartmemt from light leaks is critical for getting a good effect.

I checked out yalls links and it looks like you guys make some great loocking products.The main reason I wanted to know how to build my own is because Im decent with electrictronics and I want to build my own so for 1 I can say I built it and 2 so I can know first hand how to wire this stuff up.I really appriciate yalls input. If I cant figure out how to do it then Ill definatley contact you guys about your units.Would yall happen to know of anywhere on the web that I can read how to buil one?

Maybe this is want you're looking for!

Stephen,

I found this a while ago. I'm also in electronics and this simple circuit is easy to build. I haven't had the time yet to build one. I'm interested how you divided your taillight and what kind of bulbs you are using.

Erwin, The Netherlands

I made my dividers out of 16 guage aluminum.I first cut the template out of cardboard and then transfered it to the aluminum.It took awhile but its worth it to me to say that I saved 250$ and did it myself.I got the 4 1157 bulb sockets from autzone.I ended up going to 4 autzone because they only carried1 per store.The 1157"s will work just be sure about the location.Directly in between the gaps of the dividers doesnt work.