Hood Bras on Foxbodies (Pics?)

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have one on my 89 gt convertible. That thing ruined the paint on my hood. While driving it'll flap a very little bit....just enough to make dirt and dust grind your paint away. It scuffed the fenders but wore deep spots that I could catch with my finger nail in the hood. I wouldn't advise putting one on any car.

I used it to cover a cracked front bumper. The only picture I can find is thus one from mustang week 09...

20190131_150546.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah don't go with one of those. If your concerned about your paint, have a vinyl company install a clear bra protector on the front end of the vehicle.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
My dad had a bra on the '89 that got me into this foxbody thing. Don't do it... I suppose if you do it right, it will serve as protection, but if you leave a bra on it without routine cleaning, it will trap dirt and ultimately scratch the paint, leaving clear marks where the bra was. Not worth the trouble in the long run.

Here's the thing.
Bra's on foxbody's or any other car do not look good.
Back in the day they were used as a fashion statement, but kinda like vent visors and chrome fender or door trim, they were a horrible idea.

If you need it for protection during a long ride, I get it.
But regardless, how it looks is irrelevant.

I'd look into 3m clear bra.

What is worse is the flapping at high speed. I had one for a few years and had also come up with my own method to keep it stretched tight without ripping at the attach points. Here's the thing: That thing is going to flap at any decent speed (at least on an 86). There is really no way to completely eliminate the stretching and loosening.

Not the best option for what I lovingly refer to as, "The Flying Brick" IMO.

If you are just cruising around and you like the look, I say Go For It. I used to take mine on and off depending... 5 minutes tops to remove, takes just a few minutes more to reinstall and get it tightened up again.

My dad had a bra on the '89 that got me into this foxbody thing. Don't do it... I suppose if you do it right, it will serve as protection, but if you leave a bra on it without routine cleaning, it will trap dirt and ultimately scratch the paint, leaving clear marks where the bra was. Not worth the trouble in the long run.
Thank you, Noobz, for the new CT. LMAO... To all the other "SN Techs," behold his wrath when using your powers against him. LOL!

Last edited:
Haha. Dont worry 5.0 were still on the dealer lot when I was in h.s. & the only selfie I've even taken was of my crankshaft to send to a gf. ;)
I was just bustin chops a little....

Reactions: 1 user