• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Hood Opinion please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Killa
  • Start date Start date Oct 6, 2007

Killa

Active Member
Jul 9, 2007
1,006
56
49
Oct 6, 2007
#1
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #1
I will be doing my PI intake swap again, this time I will use the adapter, so stock hood need to be gone, In near future I would like to add a super charge, any body here recomment me a hood that cheap and good, please include link, I own a 1998 Ford Mustang GT black. Thanks
 

Bubba Z.

New Member
Apr 7, 2005
88
0
0
Tallahassee, FL
Oct 6, 2007
#2
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #2
KillaGT said:
I will be doing my PI intake swap again, this time I will use the adapter, so stock hood need to be gone, In near future I would like to add a super charge, any body here recomment me a hood that cheap and good, please include link, I own a 1998 Ford Mustang GT black. Thanks
Click to expand...

What adapter are you using and does it really neccesitate a new hood?

Maybe a used 96-98 Cobra hood? I'll sell you one. IMO, the best looking hood for any SN95 and for clearance is a Cobra R. The words cheap and good do not go together. Unless you can find a used one, you have to pay for a quality hood, plus shipping costs, plus painting costs and it can end up being expensive.

Try Cervini's website for different looking hoods.
 

Killa

Active Member
Jul 9, 2007
1,006
56
49
Oct 6, 2007
#3
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #3
Bubba Z. said:
What adapter are you using and does it really neccesitate a new hood?

Maybe a used 96-98 Cobra hood? I'll sell you one. IMO, the best looking hood for any SN95 and for clearance is a Cobra R. The words cheap and good do not go together. Unless you can find a used one, you have to pay for a quality hood, plus shipping costs, plus painting costs and it can end up being expensive.

Try Cervini's website for different looking hoods.
Click to expand...

Im using HPS NPI to PI adapter. What is cobra hood look like ? and what color and how much ?
 

BlackenedSVT

Active Member
Jan 18, 2004
1,841
7
38
New Jersey
Oct 6, 2007
#4
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #4
I had a fiberglass 2000 Cobra R hood on my 98GT. Was $400 shipped + 300 paint. I forget which company though

View attachment 358323

 

Attachments

  • pasture.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Caroline.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 126

1992 2.3LX

New Member
Dec 5, 2002
885
0
0
Ky
Oct 6, 2007
#5
  • Oct 6, 2007
  • #5
KillaGT said:
Im using HPS NPI to PI adapter. What is cobra hood look like ? and what color and how much ?
Click to expand...

According to HPS you will not need a new hood. I e-mailed them asking the question if i used there adapeters if i would need a new hood. The response I recieved was no. The adapter plates are only a 1/4" thick.

They only raise the intake a 1/4". There should be no clearance problems.+

HPS
Bob Hardin
Sales/Design
www.hiperformancesolutions.com
Click to expand...
 

Orange...

New Member
Aug 22, 2004
59
0
0
SASKATOON
Oct 7, 2007
#6
  • Oct 7, 2007
  • #6
I have the livernois adapter plates on mine and there is no clearance issues.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
For Sale 1993 Mustang LX for parts or restore
  • diesel farmer
  • Tuesday at 7:00 AM
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
0
Views
91
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Tuesday at 7:00 AM
diesel farmer
D
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
293
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
B
For Sale 1993 Mustang SVT Cobra - Black - 5 Speed - 88k Miles - Single Owner
  • Buddy Jake
  • Jun 16, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
1
Views
499
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Jun 20, 2026
Habu135
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
963
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Wednesday at 4:28 AM
2v_johnny
2
9
WTB: Procharger or Vortech Supercharger – 1996–1998 Mustang GT 4.6 2V – Budget $3,200
  • 96mustang.gt
  • Nov 20, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
1
Views
480
Want to Buy May 3, 2026
roblabsn95
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?