• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech

Hood release

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frumious B.
  • Start date Start date Mar 21, 2010

Frumious B.

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
96
0
0
Texas
Mar 21, 2010
#1
  • Mar 21, 2010
  • #1
My hood release is veering towards impossible to pull these days. How do I oil it?
 

pedro

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
432
6
29
Mar 21, 2010
#2
  • Mar 21, 2010
  • #2
WD-40?
 

Frumious B.

New Member
Apr 26, 2003
96
0
0
Texas
Mar 21, 2010
#3
  • Mar 21, 2010
  • #3
I was looking for something more along the lines of where to put the WD-40. Where is the track of the cable when I open the hood? Or should I just squirt the WD-40 down the cable where the handle comes out?
 
I

imthaman01007

New Member
Feb 26, 2010
27
0
0
WMass
Mar 21, 2010
#4
  • Mar 21, 2010
  • #4
first, spray down the latch itself with wd-40, where it meets the hood. dollars-to-donuts that'll do it.

and if it doesnt, a 1/4 stick of dynamite will help.

 

Red_LX

I’m not much help unless you’re looking for ****!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,896
73
129
Morgantown, WV...where couches meet their doom
Mar 22, 2010
#5
  • Mar 22, 2010
  • #5
Your car hasn't been hit in the front has it?

I never had a problem with my hood latch until I hit a deer and it pushed in the front of the hood a bit- after that, even after I replaced the hood I had to pull on the release pretty hard to release the hood.

Of course, it could also be the cable...I'm not sure if that's something fairly easy to replace or not.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
228
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
178
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
G
Bonnet/ hood running horse.
  • Gary 67
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
10
Views
246
The Welcome Wagon Aug 3, 2026
DadLife0724
Light bulb for under hood
  • mustangfiveo198
  • May 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
355
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 8, 2026
mustangfiveo198
F
Black Headlight Area
  • frwgt350net
  • May 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
250
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 30, 2026
Willybill32
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?