Hose on "vacuum tree"...where does it go...?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I was installing my upper today...and I have a vacuum hose (the bigger of the three on the tree...two aren't really hoses)...where does it go...I doubt this description is accurate enough for you all to help me but that is all I remember (late at night)...

Does it go on that "bracket" with all the letters on it (to the right of upper intake on firewall)...there is an "S", "a/c", "s'c"...and other abbreviations like that?...

Anybody know?

Thanks,

David

• Sponsors (?)

by tree, i'm assuming you're referring to the "tree" on the passenger side near the firewall...I'm sure that's what you mean, but i'm just making sure you know what I'm saying. I'm not sure of sizes, but 2 go to smog, 1 goes to the back of upper intake, 1 goes to egr and I believe that's it. You have a line running from the back of the upper (pass side connector) to the fuel pressure regulator.
vactree1.jpg

*Note*some of my hoses are broken off in that pic, that's just for reference, not neceassarily a good example! lol, those should be capped off (no smog).

Tree on firewall near wirpers -
1 large hose to upper intake manifold.

1 large hose to power brake booster.

1 small hose to cruse control.

1 small hose to A/C controls.

1 spare for your vacuum gauge (if you have one).

Sorry...I'm talking about the pipe that comes out of the back of the upper intake...it is on the left backside if looking at the front of the engine...it has 3 places for connections...one goes to the FPR I know...but where does the "bigger" hose on it go...I might try to get a picture posted later... :shrug:

If were thinking about the same hose, the large one goes to the "s" on the vacuum tree. The other two really small hoses go the fuel pressure regulator and that picture shown in the other previous post. Hope that helps

check this out dude, I went and snapped a pic of the back up my upper intake on my stock 90 and labeled 'em. I don't see anything at the rear Left...if you mean rear right when standing in front of the car, then it's probably the hose to the PCV...other than that, it's to the "S" on the firewall distribution block
UpperIntakeVacLines.jpg