Hot Air Issue Coming Inside

Hey, what’s up guys. Have had my 1965 Mustang for several years and seem like I can’t enjoy it fully due to the fact that there is hot air coming into the interior from the floor through the carpeting in the middle console section, around the shifter box, and the slits in the carpet where air can go through. Initially I thought it can be air from an exhaust leak (had it checked. Supposedly no leak). When it’s idling you can feel the air. When I’m driving, the faster I go, the stronger you can feel the hot air come through. Anyone have this issue or can give any advice? Thank you guys

• Sponsors (?)

It's coming from the trans. Tunnel, you can seal it from bottom or top with something like dynamat and possibly a new shift boot.

Once you have her on Jack stands high enough to work under you can clean the area under the shifter and either duct tape or dynamat/ sound deadner that area.

Definitely exhaust heat, I'm almost to that point on my restoration too, I can't drive it very far even on the coldest winter night because of this. I'm going to put some dynamat in before I put new carpet in.