Hot wheels Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

Being ive collected hot wheels and johnny lightning cars since i was 12 and still have them in the packages ill let you slide. Their fox mustang cars have turbine wheels on them. I also have one with those very rims on it. Let me dig the car out of my attic and snap a pic tommorrow. Post the pics. in the hw package

So what was that about being a JL?:scratch:

Ha, yuck. Why do Hot Wheels cars have to be so hideous sometimes? Who would ever paint their Fox purple with purple flames like that in real life?

I have one like the one posted on the first page. Got it at a car show/swap meet for like 10 bucks.

I had been looking for one for quite some time. Then the day after I bought it, my brother tells me that he saw the 5 pack at wally world. I'm not a hot wheels, or matchbox collector, but I buy any fox cars I find.

Hey the first attached pics I think are from my FQuick site. They look like my pics. Anyways, as mentioned the blue one and there's a second color version are part of the HW Modern Classics line as a Walmart Exclusive that Walmart screwed up and didn't keep stocked EVER.
The Modern Classics version come with diecast bases, the purple ones come with a plastic chassis which leads me to believe they will make it onto the sub-$1 pegs in the basic car lineup soon.

So I bought two of the blue ones off ebay. I also bought 4 of the purple ones all 6 to be stripped, repainted, and much better wheels installed.

Here's the Blue Modern Classics stripped...they apparently chrome plate them and then hit them with an opaque blue paint to get the anodized look...

ChromeFox.jpg

Here's a few of the purple ones I had to also get off ebay...

45thMustangs.jpg

Here they are "naked"...

FBLineup.jpg

Trying out some wheel styles...

HotRodFox1.jpg

HotRodFox2.jpg

Primed and ready for paint...

92mustangPRIMER.jpg

Here's my first custom 92 Mustang in Candy Apple Red Metallic. I still need to polish it and add headlight & tail light details.

RedMet_Cleared.jpg

J

I used to customize hotwheels when I was in Highschool, drill the rivets and strip em, paint em and put different wheels on em. Used to have a blast doin it too. Might have to get back into it if they come out with a coupe. I have the purple hatch but will prolly leave it alone seein i have a coupe. Keep postin up custom pics, im diggin it!
Matt

Being ive collected hot wheels and johnny lightning cars since i was 12 and still have them in the packages ill let you slide. Their fox mustang cars have turbine wheels on them. I also have one with those very rims on it. Let me dig the car out of my attic and snap a pic tommorrow. Post the pics. in the hw package

When reading this i can only picture comic book guy from the simpsons