How A Brand New '15 Ecoboost Turned My Life Upside Down

Must'15

Dec 5, 2015
I hope you all are well and not experiencing the same headache that I am. And believe me, my intention is to make you think 10 x before buying the new mustang (don't matter if this is the EcoBoost, V6 or GT). If you look back on my posts, you will see that I started by explaining my horrible experience with my "almost" brand new EcoBoost with exactly 565 miles. To quickly get you aware of this situation here it is:
To avoid an accident, I had to take my car to a right lane on a real quick and hurry maneuver and end up hitting the sidewalk/curb at 35 and my airbags blow up. To the dealer it went and insurance involved.During this almost 3 weeks, while waiting for my mustang to get fixed ( you read right...3 weeks, to replace airbags with zero body work), I posted many questions like: how to make it faster (COBB Stage 3), how to make it sound more like a bad boy (got many answers), and how to disconnect the side and roof/side airbags, with very little response and none that really helped.
Anyway...I was getting ahead of my time while waiting on my stang to be ready, so I could have an idea in what mods to do after getting my car.
Here comes my RANT:
I am absolutely feed up, mad and disappointed with FORD, with the dealer and everyone else who is involved in the process in getting this car ready. How can a dealer not get ONE part on a new car, after 3 weeks? The part is the airbag that goes on the driver's seat. For 2 weeks, they wait for the headliner/roof to get there, and still, after another week, the dealer cannot tell me when they will get this dam* airbag for the drivers seat.
Here is their answer: As a new vehicle, we keep very little inventory (supposedly all Ford dealer nationwide) and this side airbag seat is made by a 3rd party who doesnt have in stock neither.
Soon, I will be going on a month, just waiting on this sh*T and still, I cannot get an ETA from the dealership. I am done. My dream car turned into a nightmare and as far I am concern, FORD and their dealership are not giving a rats azz about it. Seriously, If you cannot make a new vehicle ready and on the road after all this time because of one part, what can I expect if this was something way more serious ? A car that dont even have a scratch on it !
I ask questions. I contacted other dealers and yesterday I went to the dealer I bought and found a costumer as mad as me. Guess what? This guy went to visit some family that own a cabin near Texas and it was a not paved road...driving at exactly 22 mph, and felt on a pothole...and ALL his airbags blow up...and zero, nada , nothing, zip body damage...not even the wheels. He has now his brand new car, with 200 some miles on the odometer and sitting, waiting for the same part for 34 days.
He is done. As soon he gets his car back, he is selling...and I dont blame him, because I am 99% sure that I want to do the same. It is the worse service ever. NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE COSTUMERS WHO PUT THEIR TRUST ON A MANUFACTURE and gets nothing in response. Please guys, I have no reason before this, to bash and be absolutely mad at the dealer and Ford for doing much about it. IF I dont find a way to disconnect the side and upper airbags and just keep the front (Driver & Passenger) airbag on, I will be selling my mustang and will never look back. SO, it is up to you...but take my rant seriously, because I would hate for anyone to go thru a situation like mine.
Sincerely,
A very upset and unhappy FORD costumer!

• Sponsors (?)

Wow that sounds pretty rough. Too bad they won't let you drive it without that airbag. Is this your daily driver?
It is..or should I say that IT WAS my daily drive...and at this point, after trying to talk from bottom up, I am pretty certain that I will sell this car as soon as is ready. Interesting fact is that I found a lady that I used to work with, going thru the same issue...but all her airbags blow when she felt on a pothole at... 27 mph...YES, I wrote correct...27!!! What I can't understand is how you "cant" have a part, after almost 3 weeks IF Ford still producing the car like hot pancakes and selling like there is no tomorrow. This was my first Ford and first Mustang...and bought completely out of pure love for the car...and now is like a relationship that turned from love to hate.

Kind of crazy for the airbags to off without any real impact. Anybody know what kind of sensors the Mustang uses to trigger these airbags?
I am not the first and far from being the last; Just by going at the dealership to try to fix this BS, I have encounter 2 others, same thing...no accidents and I asked FORD if there is a problem with the design or a recall and they say that all is good. I hate to say it...but I am just one of the few first ones...and IF I DONT FIND A WAY TO DISCONNECT ALL THE AIBAGS (except the front driver & Passenger), I will sell a car that It is beautiful, fast but stays a month in the dealership to be fixed, while I have no other vehicle and is PAYING to be sitting there.

I think your situation sucks, but "turned your life upside down." I was like this must be bad, but then I read it. I hope they get the parts in for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
@FordCustSrvc

Have you escalated your concern to a regional level yet?

If it makes you feel any better, my brother in law waited 8 months for airbag parts for his BMW... that car also had no body damage and hit a curb.

I hope you all are well and not experiencing the same headache that I am. And believe me, my intention is to make you think 10 x before buying the new mustang (don't matter if this is the EcoBoost, V6 or GT). If you look back on my posts, you will see that I started by explaining my horrible experience with my "almost" brand new EcoBoost with exactly 565 miles. To quickly get you aware of this situation here it is:
To avoid an accident, I had to take my car to a right lane on a real quick and hurry maneuver and end up hitting the sidewalk/curb at 35 and my airbags blow up. To the dealer it went and insurance involved.During this almost 3 weeks, while waiting for my mustang to get fixed ( you read right...3 weeks, to replace airbags with zero body work), I posted many questions like: how to make it faster (COBB Stage 3), how to make it sound more like a bad boy (got many answers), and how to disconnect the side and roof/side airbags, with very little response and none that really helped.
Anyway...I was getting ahead of my time while waiting on my stang to be ready, so I could have an idea in what mods to do after getting my car.
Here comes my RANT:
I am absolutely feed up, mad and disappointed with FORD, with the dealer and everyone else who is involved in the process in getting this car ready. How can a dealer not get ONE part on a new car, after 3 weeks? The part is the airbag that goes on the driver's seat. For 2 weeks, they wait for the headliner/roof to get there, and still, after another week, the dealer cannot tell me when they will get this dam* airbag for the drivers seat. ...
Hello Must’15,

Let me look into this for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

@FordCustSrvc

Have you escalated your concern to a regional level yet?

If it makes you feel any better, my brother in law waited 8 months for airbag parts for his BMW... that car also had no body damage and hit a curb.
Thank you for the mention, 84Ttop!

Deysha

I imagine Ford set them to pop easily to avoid any potential lawsuits. Better for them to pop for no reason, than for them NOT to pop when they could have done some good.

Also, they probably focus all their production demand on new parts to go into new mustangs, to make more $$, hence why it's hard to find replacements parts for new ones. It sucks, but kind of how the world works. You do have to blame Ford more over the dealer though if the dealer can't get the parts for the car. :(

I imagine Ford set them to pop easily to avoid any potential lawsuits. Better for them to pop for no reason, than for them NOT to pop when they could have done some good.

Probably. A Camaro SS had all of its airbags go off during an auto-cross event. Guess the slaloms were just too much for its sensors. Sad considering how slow that particular coarse setup was.

Mike K

Hi there, I do not own the new Mustang yet but have a 2010. I wonder if the same manufacturer of the airbag is the same as the S-197 Mustangs because I received a letter in the mail 6 months ago informing me that my car was part of the now infamous Takata airbag recall and the letter basically stated that Ford has no clue when the parts to complete the recall will be available. What that means for us is we have to drive around hoping we never get into an accident that requires the use of the airbag. Hope someone is ponying up for a rental at least and hopefully the Ford Service Rep that responded back will be able to get things rolling faster for you.

The situation certainly sucks but it is not going to be any different for a first year model from any manufactuerer. The supply chain priority goes to new car builds and parts availability is always a problem the first year.

Dave

I work at a dealer, not Ford, but still. Anytime you are dealing with insurance the process can be dramatically slowed. We had a car come in where the airbags had gone off, the car was fixed bodywise but the airbags needed to be repalced. We replaced the components linked to the airbag going off. After that, airbag light was still flashing and it turned out it needed more compenents that now came up once everything was online. Took almost two weeks for the adjuster to come back out and then we had to show him. Part was on backorder, took three more weeks to get. So 3 weeks, consider yourself lucky.

Airbag components aren't stocked very well because most of the time if the airbags have deployed, the car is totalled.