How can i move my Mass air upstream of the blowoff valve??

After posting on the tweecer messageboard, i think ive given up with the speed density.. they told me that it wouold make the car awesome WOT(track), but for everyday driving it will run like crap..

I got off the phone with Kennedys Dynotune and they told me they do that all of the time, however it would suck to take a 9 hour drive for them to do that! I dont see how it is possible. By the looks of it, it curves too early right after it the blowoff valve mounts... look
discharge.jpg

Have anyone seen this done before? any suggestions?? I know many procharger setups are like that, but it looks to be easier because the charger is mounted on the drivers side, soo there is more piping where they can mount the mass air meter

• Sponsors (?)

You dont need to mount the mass air after the BOV, stop being hard headed and run a proper by-pass set up like the rest of the SC mustangs WITHOUT A BLOWTHRU METER . The mass air gets mounted in the fenderwell via power pipe and u re-circulate the air thats blown off back into the intake tract before the supercharger... :bang:

89MustangGX said:
Given up???

After you finished convincing me that blower cars actually can run on SD?

that is true tho.. to an extent..

I posted on the tweeecer forums about getting bigger injectors and have it programmed for that... it can work, but they told me that it would run awesome on WOT but for everyday cruising, it would probably run like crap. I was told to use SD if im building a race car, but for my intentions i really should go to mass air... I give up!!! The car runs awesome as it is, but i need bigger injectors which SD wont allow..

I got a question.. would i truely notice a big rich condition with my throttle being shut that shortly?? There is only one person on this board i think that ran the blowoff valve on a stock mass air/blower setup and he stated in a thread that he didnt notice any problems what he did... why is that??

http://208.37.31.68/~ryan/ryan tuning day.mpg is the video.. sounds awesome

Mustang5L5 said:
Is an atmospheric blow-off that important to you?

It already cost you 1 blower rebuild.

Actually this is the second, but the first one "wasnt his fault"

Joe, your being hard-headed. Run the setup like its designed to be run, vent it off, and see what happens. Let us know how it goes.

Yepp it is important to me.. Same thing as why people like "loud exhaust".. it sounds reallllly good... Im gonna do it... im gonna run mass air the normal way and see what happens...

and BTW the first rebuild wasnt my fault actually.... i payed 1200 bucks on a beat blower... tell me how that was my fault.. ide love to hear that...

the second rebuild... who knows... i told vortech i was only running 5 pounds of boost... maybe it could have overspun??? I was throwing 10 pounds of boost at it... at least the s trim will be more efficient now

In reply to your power adder thread:

The car doesnt go into a "really rich condition"..your not going to blow your motor up...However, For optimum performance, you want to use a by-pass set up....This is why.

When your "racing" and requiring 100% effieciency from your motor, at 100% WO throttle, and you shift and blow off XXX amount of cfm of Air that was just in your intake, your computer CANNOT compensate for that like an aftermarket SD kit can. So for the xxx amount of seconds, and xxx rotations of your motor before your BOV closes, your still adding the xxx amount of fuel into the cambers that was just required by the + boost. You know I ran it that was for a little while, loved the sound, and didnt experience any problems, but when I brought it to be tuned, the guys at Mustang Magic FLIPPED OUT when they saw it and immedieatly refused to dyno my car until it was fixed.

thank you for the response... that was what i was looking to hear.. the first NON jerked off response form you that ive ever heard! you didnt call me a ricer! haha..... i was surprised that when i had my car on the dyno, they didnt even SAY anything about it, or probably even looked at it... maybe because mustang magic is 10x better then the place i went to.... In that case, im gonna convert to mass air...

Thanks mike....