How Did You Mount Your Rear Seat Delete

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Considering the Mustang is going to be down for awhile until I get the dyno tune done ( and my other new tire for the front to get here) I figured I would try and install the rear seat delete that I bought this past spring. Its the regular plywood w/ the black carpet over it. Any one have any pictures or a good description on how you mounted this in? I'm going to be pulling out the rear seat later today.

• Sponsors (?)

There rear seat wont come out, the small tab on the drivers side that you have to push is is all f'ed up and no matter what I do the seat wont pop up. I got the passengers side out just fine but this one is impossible.

The only way this is going go come off is to unbolt the 2 screws that old down that plastic piece b/c there is no way its coming undone by pressing that button its seriously fubared. Im beyond pissed right now b/c you need about 4 hands to do this b/c you have to pry the seat up, shine a light to see the bolt and try and get the wrench on the bolt all of which is just about also impossible. This is the most easy step in this project and its become nothing but a cluster f ***. Plus the cage that is in the car is nothing but a hindrance that bar does nothing but get in the way and it hurts like hell to lay across it even when I lay blakets and stuff across it to pad it

Finally got it done, it was cake after I got the rear seat lower off that was a major PITA it should have never been that hard and the whole process would have take me an hr to do if it was not for that f'ed up release button and not taken all afternoon to do it. It came out good over all it did not mount in anyway it was form fit so you had to push it into place and it was a very tight fit. There is still some metal showing at the top of the back seat as you can see in the pic I may fix that at some point and put some black cloth there but for now I'm done screwing with it.

002-13.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-6.jpg

Looks like a good color match. I too had to remove the bolts to get my lower seat pad off. It wasnt fun, so Im right there with ya. I dont think your lower is gonna go anywhere with your cage in front of it. Is that the MM cage?

Just curious, but what's the delete set up made out of? The stock seats (at least in my Cougar) weigh next to nothing. If the delete kit is mainly fiber board and carpet, I can't see someone experiencing very much in the line of additional weight savings? :shrug:

Just curious, but what's the delete set up made out of? The stock seats (at least in my Cougar) weigh next to nothing. If the delete kit is mainly fiber board and carpet, I can't see someone experiencing very much in the line of additional weight savings? :shrug:

I should have weighed the seats VS The kit. Its made of wood w/ thin carpet over it. It has some weight to it but I don't believe as much as the seats b/c the backs had the metal brace that went all the way around it. I went out and re adjusted the seat so the red metal no longer shows it just needed to be pushed up more, I took the bottom see off b/c I forgot to take the seat belts off from the rear.

How is your bottom part held in? My bottom part has a big gap in the middle where it does not go flat on the carpet. This is because on the outsides wires under the carpet raise it up.

Its all form fit, it just pushes into place. Its a very tight fit and needs a lot of persuasion to get it into place but IMO is better then having to bolt it up b/c it leaves no gaps b/c of the tight fit.