How do I get more headroom in the drivers seat?

I’m 6”2 and my head hits the ceiling of the car. So I slump down. Now I’ve looked around and found some 1 inch lowered seat pans but if I’m being honest 1 inch doesn’t seem like enough and the work I would have to go through installing them would be a lot.

So my question is if I want to lower my seats what are my options?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm 6'5", in my old Corvette I put spacers under the front of the seat brackets with longer bolts, which leaned the seat back. I didn't want to do any permanent modifications so that was a simple way to help me fit.

In the Fox body cars, cutting a section out of the legs of the seat slider and mount system is a lot easier than new floor pans. I would be surprised if that was not an option here.

If you or someone you know can cut and weld then i would just modify your current pans. Cut em out, lower them 2 or 3 inches and reweld. I suggest instead of cutting at the flange where its welded to the floorpan that you cut about an inch or two above on the front and back of the seat pan. Then drill the spot welds at the inner rocker and tranny hump. Trim it to fit, put in place overlapping in front and back where you left the pieces welded to the floorboards and weld in place. You can tack it in place and put your seat in the check height.

I cut my pans down 1.5". You can also install lower profile seats than the stock seats....you can even go so far as to remove some of the seat foam with certain seats....and a last option is to install a one piece headlinder like Mustangs-To-Fear offers, which will gain about an inch of extra headroom. With my cut-down seat risers my 6'6" brother fits in the car with sufficient headroom with stock seats and headliner(me too for that matter...I am 6'3")