How do I get more traction

gotchopsticks

Sep 4, 2004
My mods are in my sig with my timing advanced +3 degrees, and my major problem now is traction. i have Kuhmo 245/45/17, and stock gears, and no matter how i launch when i hit about 4k i start loosing traction. then when i shift to second, i go sideways. even if i shift slow, i cannot get traction. i've tried heating my tires up, and i've tried feathering the gas, but nothing works. i am planning on getting some 18x10.5 in the rear, and running either kuhmo, nitto, or BFG 315's. i assume that will help a bit. i want to get gears, but i dont think that will do anything but make it even harder to stick. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

there is a lot you can do to increase traction, #1 i would get some better rubber ...beyond that start looking into suspension and control arms if you are still having trouble... you're right about the gears, if i am on it hard she'll kick the ass end out, and thats with 275 BFGs.... if i were to buy again i would have gone ahead and gotten some DR's instead of street tires...but thats just me

i know how you feel about the traction issue man.. mine does it, but it starts at around 3500-3700 :( Timing bumped up 6* is nice, but hurts traction hahaha

I'd go with some DR's and wider tires in the back.. gears are gonna be nice, but it'll hurt traction for a while until you learn how to drive with them :nice:

what are LCA's, and what will welding the axle tubes do? i heard it would be a good idea to get some aftermarket axles as well, cuz it is easy to snap the stock pair with wider tires. thanks for the help.

:hail2: :SNSign:

I wouldn't worry too much now about your axle...if it breaks...fix it then...

I have 315's in the back, and I was still having traction issues with 3.73 gears...i changed my upper and lower control arms, set my rear shocks on a softer setting, and that knocked .2 off of my 60 ft times...I was still running stock pressure in the tires...I would say get the tires, slicks if you can, and change those lower control arms, and you should be ok...

hahahahaha gotchopsticks ur such a *** !!!!!

can't even get traction on a stock motor haha learn how to drive your car dude

nah jk WHAT UP haha thought id give you boys a visit in the modulAR section

anyway... get some better rubber dude, your tires are way past due. i know $$$'s a bitch but even with a new set of the same tires you'd have much less trouble stickin to the road.

you can come by when i do my suspension and see how a real guy mods his car hehe