How do you determine what size stainless hose you have?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Friend of mine hooked me up with a 50-foot roll of braided stainless hose used on aircraft components.

I can't determine what size it is to buy fittings for it. It's about close to the same size as the 4AN line i have for my fuel pressure gauge. It's maybe 1/2" in diameter.

SHould i just cut off a 2" section and take it to a performance shop and see what they have for fittings that will fit?

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
Friend of mine hooked me up with a 50-foot roll of braided stainless hose used on aircraft components.

I can't determine what size it is to buy fittings for it. It's about close to the same size as the 4AN line i have for my fuel pressure gauge. It's maybe 1/2" in diameter.

SHould i just cut off a 2" section and take it to a performance shop and see what they have for fittings that will fit?

The stainless braid line goes by 16ths. 8an is 1/2", 4an is 1/4", etc.. This is I.D by the way, not O.D.

If it is 1/2" (8AN), that would be great to use for your fuel delivery as long as you stay under approx 600 rwhp.

Ok, i just measured the ID and it's 0.25" exactly. The OD is 0.5"

I guess that means it is 4AN.

I was planning on using a 6-8 foot peice for my mechanical oil pressure gauge since i am using copper tube right now and want to upgrade.