Interior and Upholstery How I Fixed My Broken Instrument Bezel Brackets

Ok, I understand. I am just at my wits end. Epoxy doesn't hold very well in this location. Both of the holes on the dash brackets are broken, but I still have the piece that they were attached to on the dash. I will take it apart and see what I can do. You have at least given me a starting point.

I suppose you glued the new plastic to the dash. How did you keep it there long enough to dry? Was it just regular SG, like Gorilla glue?

Yes, I glued the new plastic to the dash using Super Glue Gel by the Super Glue brand. Any place I glued the ABS, both on the bezel side and the dash side, I first sanded down using medium-fine sandpaper on both surfaces. That is, I sanded down the ABS side and the dash/bezel side. I then wiped down with rubbing alcohol to get any dust off and get the surface as clean as possible. I did this because it makes the plastics bond together better.

For the dash side brackets, I just held them in place by hand as tightly as I could until they set up. On the bezel side I used clamps as shown in the pictures. Recently, I used JB Weld PlasticWeld to fix broken clips on the knee bolster panel and it worked really well so it might be worth trying that if you have trouble with the super glue.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, unfortunately the strips were one-off pieces I made with lots of checking and double checking for fitment so it wouldn't be possible for me to make ones for you that would fit without tweaking with a heat gun and test fitting in your car. It also depends how broken your bezel and dash mounts are.

It really isn't very hard to do, it just takes time and patience to get the fit right. If you have any specific questions about how I did it I'd be happy to answer them though :) Good luck!

Also, do you know what the thread size is for the two bolts that go into the nut clips? I know they are 10 mm on the head, but what about the thread size?

Thank you!

Also, do you know what the thread size is for the two bolts that go into the nut clips? I know they are 10 mm on the head, but what about the thread size?

Thank you!

Unfortunately I don't know the specs on those screws. I just have a box of random screws and I found two in there that worked for the clips. I know LMR has screw kits you can buy which should include those screws along with tons of other interior hardware.

My plumbing past is thinking of a better glue option. Ace, Do It and other places with a good supply of plumbing materials should have cans of primer and glue labled for ABS plastic. The advantage of this is the glues surface melts the plastic for a really solid bond.