How long did stock tires last you?

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
My stocker goodyears only lasted me about 13,500.. Its time to replace them. Didn't do any big burnouts, didn't spin them or do little peelouts TOO much. Is this normal?

• Sponsors (?)

NYStang2002 said:
23,000 miles for me and badly worn. These are the worst tires EVER made! :mad: What ever made Ford use these as OEM is totally beyond me....Nice going Ford! :fuss:

Not necessarily true. It's a performance tire. They are all
made of a soft rubber, so they'll hold the road, but wear very fast.
So far, I've had 4 different brands on my car- they all have worn out
quickly with not that much abuse either.

iStang said:
22K and OK. For rainy days it would be safer to have new tires.

Did you monitor the pressure. Is the thread used up regularly? What are you gonna buy?

im debating just using fix-a-flat until I get my new wheels... or i'll get the cheapest pair of 2 I can get for the rears. (i work at a car dealership so I get everything at cost.. should be pennies on the dollar)

Never had Goodyears on my old Stang. I went with BF Goodrich Comp/TA's from day one and those were by far the worst tires I've ever owned. Zero traction and severe wear. I be I didn't get 20,000km out of them. Try doing a burn out with them and they literally melted. Junk, junk, junk. :nonono:

KISSEL said:
Not necessarily true. It's a performance tire. They are all
made of a soft rubber, so they'll hold the road, but wear very fast.
So far, I've had 4 different brands on my car- they all have worn out
quickly with not that much abuse either.

Well you also have to take into consideration the price. These tires are over priced for the lack quality. There are much cheaper priced tires that perform just as good or are better than Gatorbacks. Dont get caught in the rain with Gatorbacks either, they make your car slide as if you were on ice. You can Look up the stats at tirerack.com and see how overall poor value the goodyears are compared to the rest. My Continentals are holding way better, the best tire that I haver had IMO.