How many people here have a G-force T5?

Nobody

Founding Member
May 9, 2000
Kenmore, WA
Seems like every G-force thread turns into a GF vs. Tremec. I am not interested in a Tremec. I am curious to know how many people actually have a GFT5. Aside from the "bad service" that some say about the company, how is the actual tranny? I have one being built right now and was wondering if there is anything to look out for with the G-Force unit.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I plan on going with a g force if my current trans lets go.
Did you opt for the upgraded mainshaft? I hear people say it's a necessary part for strength, but my local mustang expert who can rebuild a t5 in no time at all and has done 100's, says that he rarely sees a broken or damaged mainshaft regardless of power level.

I do not like how notchy a tremec is, i'd rather have the strength and a trans that drives like it's from the factory.

2000xp8 said:
I plan on going with a g force if my current trans lets go.
Did you opt for the upgraded mainshaft? I hear people say it's a necessary part for strength, but my local mustang expert who can rebuild a t5 in no time at all and has done 100's, says that he rarely sees a broken or damaged mainshaft regardless of power level.

I do not like how notchy a tremec is, i'd rather have the strength and a trans that drives like it's from the factory.
I was going to get a G-force but I don't trust the stock T-5 case. I am considering an XTC Tremec. Is that a legitiment concern about the G-Force?? I may still get one. I don't know.

qplk11 said:
I was going to get a G-force but I don't trust the stock T-5 case. I am considering an XTC Tremec. Is that a legitiment concern about the G-Force?? I may still get one. I don't know.

That rumor is just about the mainshaft on a bone stock tranny. Reason i mentioned it is because the mainshaft is a $300 option with the g force, and may not be necessary.

it's not that the main shaft fails.
it's that the mainshaft flex's under high hp situations, allowing the gears to seperate rather than mesh, allowing the gears to strip.
the upgraded shaft is not to prevent out and out failure, it's to prevent flex.

cleanLX said:
it's not that the main shaft fails.
it's that the mainshaft flex's under high hp situations, allowing the gears to seperate rather than mesh, allowing the gears to strip.
the upgraded shaft is not to prevent out and out failure, it's to prevent flex.

^^^^^^^^ good and usefull information. ^^^^^^^^^^^