Ford 408-427 stroker feedback

Guys, I am looking for some feedback from actual owners. I've read a ton of literature and engine build articles. I am looking to see what the real world drivers have to say about their engines. I am looking to either build a junk yard stroker 351 to 408ish or go with a dart type block for 427 strokers ( money being the issue). Once I start the project I'll have a better grasp of funds to allocate. I'm finishing up my FJ40 project this spring and I'm planning on my next build. I'm mostly interested in your feed back on engines that are close to what I'm going to build. Yes, I know 408 an 427 are a bit different. I'm stuck between running dual plane intake with 190 ish cc intake runner aluminum heads and around a 230-240ish duration dual pattern type cam or going to go with a single plane 200 to 210 ish intake runner and 240 -250 ish duration (probably duel pattern) cam. Running around 10.5-11:1 compression ratio. I need to keep CR low since my area only has 91 octane and I'm not really wanting to add toluene. Plus I have no interest in adding power adders and I'm high altitude 5-9k.
My question is in a 3000# mustang how is your low end vs top end? For me it would be more of an occasional blast up to high rpm. Most of my driving is low rpm. Reason I'm leaning toward the dual plane setup. But, is there anyone out there that has the dual plane setup and wishes they went more of a higher rpm. Conversely, is there anyone out there that built a higher RPM ie. sacrificed the low end torque and drivability and is happy or wished they had more drivability? I'm wondering how much does the low end suffer with the single plane setup? Is idle vacuum bad with the longer duration cam or are you happy with your drivability for the brakes, climate control system etc. Things that magazine articles will never give you the real scoop on. I'm looking at a 5 spd stick or adapting a ford 6spd auto into the mix. I'll run around a 350-373 rear gear. I appreciate your feedback.

• Sponsors (?)