How much better is the three valve over the two?

i have a few things to throw in (but they are nitpicky details)

Stang8URMPRT - dodge/chrylser/mitsu****ty all use a SOHC 4v desgin on most of their V6's. like the dodge/chrysler 3.5L, when my mom had her 95 intrepid with the 3.5L it made 214HP (mut ran on midgrade fuel) i think its the same 3.5L now only now it makes 250HP. and the old dodge avengers\chrylser sebrings had a 2.7L SOHC 4v, and the current Dodge Stratus R/T Mitsu****ty eclipse and galant use a 3.0L SOHC 4v. i know there are a few more cars that use this motor, but you get my point. A SOHC can be used for 2,3,and 4 valve per cylinder applications

new22003 - dont forget that the volkswagn/audi 1.8L is a DOHC 5 valve as is the 4.2L V8, they're might be another one...but i dont really keep up on audis that much. meaning that most of us see a car with 5 valves every day.

• Sponsors (?)

mustang50v8 said:
new22003 - dont forget that the volkswagn/audi 1.8L is a DOHC 5 valve as is the 4.2L V8, they're might be another one...but i dont really keep up on audis that much. meaning that most of us see a car with 5 valves every day.

I believe that the latest version of the Audi 3.0L N/A V6 is 5 valves too.

By the way Ford developed a 3 valve head 427 CID V8 in the 1960s for road racing (Can-AM). It was a pushrod engine and it had 2 cams in the block. Ford never raced it as instead Ford ended up racing an all aluminum 494 CID :eek: version of the Boss 429 in the Can-Am.