how much compression

• Sponsors (?)

need to know headgasket compressed thickness, and the position of the piston in relation to the deck at TDC. (there are production differences from the factory that change how far this piston sits in the hole)

the stock combustion chambers range from 60.3-63.6ccs each. Assuming that your pistons sit flush with the deck and the head gaskets that you used have a compressed thickness of .047" (stock). You have a calculated CR of 9.22:1

thanks modusmortus, thats the answer I am looking for. just a estimate. did not know there were variances in stock cc's. I am not sure of stock specs is there a site you could recomend. I found a calculator but do not know stock rod length, deck height and so forth.

there's not a site i know of, but I've been getting most these specs and the calculator from a book : "The Official Ford Mustang 5.0 Technical Reference & Performance Handbook" by Al Kirschenbaum. I've found it at some local book stores and I'm sure its available online.

there's not a site i know of, but I've been getting most these specs and the calculator from a book : "The Official Ford Mustang 5.0 Technical Reference & Performance Handbook" by Al Kirschenbaum. I've found it at some local book stores and I'm sure its available online.