How much did you get for trading in your 05-07 mustang gt?

EASTANG

Apr 28, 2009
Ohio
Hi, I am 17 and i'm about to buy my first mustang and I was wondering what price can I get the dealer down to on a 05 or 06 mustang gt with 25k to 45k miles. I want to know how much they will give someone for a trade like that or even if you traded in your own mustang recently what they paid you or took off for a new car.

One other thing i wanted to know is, since the new generation mustangs are coming out i'm hoping that there will be a wider selection of used mustangs and just wondering how much more i'll be able to get off the price for it being the older generation.

Additional Info:
Looking for a stang priced about 14,500 to 19,000
want a manual
live in NorthEast Ohio
any other financial advice welcome

• Sponsors (?)

Wholesale Book minus 10% is usually what a dealer will pay. If its miles are high, deduct. Deduct for every ding you see ($20) and for wear items that are worn.

if you wanna spend $19,000, I say wait a couple more months and pick up a BRAND NEW Bullitt. They are already selling brand new ones by me for around $23-24,000, which is about $10,000 less than sticker. Also, if you buy a new car from Ford, they are doing the 0% financing for up to 72 months. So in the end it will be cheaper than buying used, and it a brand new car.

Just my 2cents:rolleyes:

You should be able to find a 05 to 07 fairly reasonable. I was also looking at getting one. I live in KC and prices for those cars a very good. On the high end you might pay 19 grand for one. I've found some for less than that. I really like my car so it's hard for me to let it go. Good luck with the search. Pearl02.

Personally, I'll NEVER buy another solid rear axle car. Ford needs to get with the program.

I agree, I'd rather have an IRS. But apparantly it was us "enthusiasts" that wanted the solid rear (applying to the GT500). So, if the enthusiasts want it, and the general public doesnt know the difference, Ford will keep the solid rear...its cheaper.

To the OP, I dont know how you are doing it at 17 buying a S197 GT, but more power to you. To answer your question, its difficult to say. Prices vary just by zip code. You should however have no problem meeting your goal. The value of a GT generally drops like a rock after a few years or so.

I agree, I'd rather have an IRS. But apparantly it was us "enthusiasts" that wanted the solid rear (applying to the GT500). So, if the enthusiasts want it, and the general public doesnt know the difference, Ford will keep the solid rear...its cheaper.

To the OP, I dont know how you are doing it at 17 buying a S197 GT, but more power to you. To answer your question, its difficult to say. Prices vary just by zip code. You should however have no problem meeting your goal. The value of a GT generally drops like a rock after a few years or so.

yeah i wish the mustangs came stock with an independent rear axle but i have seen them modified to have such a thing. But it was about three years ago when i fell in love with that car and since then i have worked as a mover (house hold moving) and saved and saved. but let me tell you that being a mover is one of the hardest things to do but me being a teen it has built me up big and i only work out 6 times a month. not to mention the pay is VERY good!!!

You'll probably wrap any car you get around a pole, but If I were you, I'd go buy an LS2 GTO. You can get one for like 17k. And it will get you laid.
What a wierd and un called for comment.
And a Mustang is a way sexier car then a GTO. Women like mustangs, a GTO is just like their 4 banger Grand Am in their eyes :shrug:

What a wierd and un called for comment.
And a Mustang is a way sexier car then a GTO. Women like mustangs, a GTO is just like their 4 banger Grand Am in their eyes :shrug:

I agree, that comment made me question his sanity. The gto looks like every other pontiac out on the road. Plus i would never buy a pontiac because it would actually never get me laid.

I have to peel panties off of mine. One of our moderators on here is constantly throwing hers at it :nonono:
*wonders how many pairs she has*