How much did you get for trading in your 05-07 mustang gt?

EASTANG

Apr 28, 2009
Ohio
Hi, I am 17 and i'm about to buy my first mustang and I was wondering what price can I get the dealer down to on a 05 or 06 mustang gt with 25k to 45k miles. I want to know how much they will give someone for a trade like that or even if you traded in your own mustang recently what they paid you or took off for a new car.

One other thing i wanted to know is, since the new generation mustangs are coming out i'm hoping that there will be a wider selection of used mustangs and just wondering how much more i'll be able to get off the price for it being the older generation.

Additional Info:
Looking for a stang priced about 14,500 to 19,000
want a manual
live in NorthEast Ohio
any other financial advice welcome

• Sponsors (?)

I was just recently looking for an '05 or '06 Mustang. I found that most people were asking between $17k and $20k. And it didn't seem like mileage mattered. I saw some with 10,000 miles for $17k, and others with the same mileage for$20k. Cars with 50,000 could also be found between these two prices, and I don't think I saw any less then $16k.

At the end of march, I ended up getting an '08 automatic GT with Navigation that had to be sold as used for $22k with 350 miles. I would recommend to just keep looking until you find one you like, with low mileage. What you want is out there, just wait until you find one that matches the price you are willing to pay.

I just bought an 06 GT with 24k miles for $15,900 few months ago.
I was looking for close to a year as I was VERY specific in what I wanted in interior, options, miles, everything so I looked EVERYWHERE....online......

If you look long enough and don't just jump at first thing you like, you will find one definately. Might have to travel a bit to get it or have it shipped in but even though it cost me $800 to get the car shipped to me in Columbus OH from Oregon, I still paid a lot less then other folks were paying for something similiar....

GL with your search!

I was just recently looking for an '05 or '06 Mustang. I found that most people were asking between $17k and $20k. And it didn't seem like mileage mattered. I saw some with 10,000 miles for $17k, and others with the same mileage for$20k. Cars with 50,000 could also be found between these two prices, and I don't think I saw any less then $16k.

At the end of march, I ended up getting an '08 automatic GT with Navigation that had to be sold as used for $22k with 350 miles. I would recommend to just keep looking until you find one you like, with low mileage. What you want is out there, just wait until you find one that matches the price you are willing to pay.

thanks you sooo much. I too noticed that the mileage didn't really dictate the price much but more soo how much they want to pull out of your pocket. And if your car was declared used did you get the zero percent finance

I just bought an 06 GT with 24k miles for $15,900 few months ago.
I was looking for close to a year as I was VERY specific in what I wanted in interior, options, miles, everything so I looked EVERYWHERE....online......

If you look long enough and don't just jump at first thing you like, you will find one definately. Might have to travel a bit to get it or have it shipped in but even though it cost me $800 to get the car shipped to me in Columbus OH from Oregon, I still paid a lot less then other folks were paying for something similiar....

GL with your search!

Thank you too. I want to know if the list price on the car was 15900 or if you paid 15900 out the door. And you're right, its like the price of mustangs drop the farther they are located from you, go figure. But i have also thought of shipping it too or when i travel out of state for work (dad owns a moving company) i can pick it up in the back of the semi

Since it was used, I didn't get 0% financing, but I wanted as close to new as I could get because I waited 20 years to get my first mustang.

I couldn't be happier. I just ordered a sequential tail light kit, and have already done the GT500 spoiler and stripes.

I've been trying (not so hard) to sell my car, and three dealerships offered me between $16k and $17k before negotiating for my 2008 with 11k miles. I swung by the Ford dealership last weekend just to peek at the 2010's (didn't have any GT's on their lot unlike their ads...) and asked for a ballpark estimate and they told me between $9k and $13k, and I still have fewer than 12k miles. I literally laughed at them and just walked out.

Same here, I went to see how much they would give me on mine and Carmax offered me 17.5K and a Nissan Dealership 18k for a 2007 Mustang with about 7200miles on it. I am trying to sell it for a little more.

Kelley blue books and nada have it higher but we will see, don't mind keeping it forever either. :)

i bought my 05 with 45k for less than 15k.....it needed some work, but it was everything i was looking for, deals are out there

that's gonna be alot of car, if i had a mustang when i was 17 i woulda been in trouble... good luck and have fun!

i bought my 05 with 45k for less than 15k.....it needed some work, but it was everything i was looking for, deals are out there

that's gonna be alot of car, if i had a mustang when i was 17 i woulda been in trouble... good luck and have fun!

Yeah I have been saving up for about three years now and I know it's gonna be worth it. But for being able to hadle it i think i should be all right because i have driven everything from lancer evo's to 10 ton semi's. but nothings harder than a 25ft diesel straight truck.

2008's are selling for $18,000-18,500 at auctions, then a dealer will jack them from there for their profit. It seems when dealers go to auctions, mileage, options, etc... don't matter.:shrug: I went to six dealers including Carmax and they all offered me the same amount exactly. This is way less than book value and less than my payoff. Luckily, I found a job and will be able to keep the vehicle after all.

Thank you too. I want to know if the list price on the car was 15900 or if you paid 15900 out the door. And you're right, its like the price of mustangs drop the farther they are located from you, go figure. But i have also thought of shipping it too or when i travel out of state for work (dad owns a moving company) i can pick it up in the back of the semi

$15,900 was the list price but soon as I saw the car and options, not to mention few mods done to it, I just called the guy and said I'd take it at list price. Didn't even try to dicker him down since I knew already it was a wicked good price

Deals are out there! I got my 08 in Dec 08 for 19400 with only 12 miles on it from my local dealer (Saleen went out of business and sold it back, no mods done, still new car). Not to sound snaky, but try to find the owner that is desperate to get rid of it, that is where you'll find your best deal. Personally, I wouldn't buy a used one that has go fast mods on it. I know the 05+'s are pretty stout, but I'd find one from an 50+ male or female that didn't redline it 200 times. Are you going to pay cash or finance? Cash, then up your negotiating skills. Finance, then secure or get preapproved from your lender first. You won't get 0% and they might ask for a cosigner because of your age and little job/income/credit history. Good luck and be careful. I sure wouldn't let my daughter drive a 300hp car at 17.

Deals are out there! I got my 08 in Dec 08 for 19400 with only 12 miles on it from my local dealer (Saleen went out of business and sold it back, no mods done, still new car). Not to sound snaky, but try to find the owner that is desperate to get rid of it, that is where you'll find your best deal. Personally, I wouldn't buy a used one that has go fast mods on it. I know the 05+'s are pretty stout, but I'd find one from an 50+ male or female that didn't redline it 200 times. Are you going to pay cash or finance? Cash, then up your negotiating skills. Finance, then secure or get preapproved from your lender first. You won't get 0% and they might ask for a cosigner because of your age and little job/income/credit history. Good luck and be careful. I sure wouldn't let my daughter drive a 300hp car at 17.

Thanks for the advice and I'll be pretty careful because I'm paying for 90% of it. And 300hp is a lot but i have driven things with about 500hp and 1350 ftlb torque, take a guess on what it is.

08 GT pic

Here is a pic of a cheap 08GT

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 87