"even if it weighed 500 pounds, it would be a good trade off. "
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Adding 500 lbs. to the front end of the already nose-heavy Stangs isn't the best idea if you're into handling. That would shift even more weight off the rear wheels - not a good idea when you're bolting on even more HP and torque.
I too am surprised at the weight of some of the components. I would've guessed 50-75; 100+/- lbs. on the front end from the ProCharger - wow.
"even if it weighed 500 pounds, it would be a good trade off. "
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Adding 500 lbs. to the front end of the already nose-heavy Stangs isn't the best idea if you're into handling. That would shift even more weight off the rear wheels - not a good idea when you're bolting on even more HP and torque.
I too am surprised at the weight of some of the components. I would've guessed 50-75; 100+/- lbs. on the front end from the ProCharger - wow.
Michael, thanks for analyzing my tongue-in-cheek comment. i see your point - i was just trying to say that they dont weight that much (i figured under 100# from seeing one guy carry one, but need a helper to get it situated).
i seem them as one of those mods that 'pay for their additional weight' fairly easily, IMHO. i would say the same of a turbo and intercooler weight.
of course, you had to call out my exaggerated facetious comment. as always, you are correct.
Wow, its funny. When comparing the weight of a small block with a blower and an NA 460, nobody believed me that my D-1 intercooled setup weighed like 75 lbs. Hate to say I told you saw, lol!