How much do you pay for an oil change?

I've had my GT for about 6 months now and its had 3 oil changes. The first oil change I went to the Kwik Kar where I always took my Camaro. I used Castrol High Mileage oil and paid $40, the same as the regular oil. The second oil change, I went to Driver's Edge because I was on that side of town and I used Valvoline Max Life and they charged me $40 too which is average in the Dallas metroplex.
Well, last month I went to Kwik Kar next to my house and they asked if it was my first time in. I said I usually go to the one in Murphy but it was my first time to that one. They asked what kind of oil I used and I told them to put Valvoline Max Life. About twenty minutes later they said I was all ready to go and that my total was $64.93!! I asked why it was so high and they said it was because of the oil. I told them that something wasn't right because thats the oil I always used and have never paid that much for it. I even asked why they didnt explain the cost since they knew I had never been there before. How was I supposed to know they charged so much. They didn't really care and I had to pay to get my keys back. I started to think maybe I didn't pay $40 for the other oil changes or maybe it was a promotion or something.

Well, I was cleaning out my car last week and I found my reciepts from the first and second oil changes. They both say $40, no discounts or coupons were given, that was the regular price.
Should I call up the Kwik Kar by my house and complain about being ripped off now that I can prove that the other Kwik Kar charges $24 less for the same exact oil? Or is it too late since its been a month now? This sucks!:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Nobady will ever change my OIL , EVER !

Are you kidding , this car has to be the easiest car on the planet to change !

Its not worth the risk of some ass hole cross threating the bolt , do yourself a favor and change your own OIL !:doh:!

HAHAA

Theres guys out there that have been known to put bolts on with air ratchets :rolleyes:

I have a 7QT Canton Pan and use Royal Purple......Oil is about $9 a QT + Filter

I'm with the other guy....ONLY I CHANGE ANYTHING on my car. If i need transmission work i remove my transmission from my car and take it to the shop. If the engine needs machining....well thats why i have a cherry picker in my garage!!!

Chris

I was paying 22 bucks for an oil change at Jiffy Lube when I was in CO because I wasn't allowed to change my oil at my apartment complex. The price you are paying is even more than what Ford wanted then.

I change my own oil now and honestly it's more expensive than when I had Jiffy Lube do it, but then again I'm in England now :)

It's cheaper for me to have it done by the dealer (surprisingly) than it is just to buy the oil. They know me and my car and it's never a problem. Once I was in their system they keep sending me coupons for $20-25 oil and filter changes.

$28 for 6 quarts of mobil1 and a filter. A little quality time in the driveway never hurt anyone and plus $40 is ridiculous.you'd have to be smoking crack to pay $64 for an oil change

$28 for 6 quarts of mobil1 and a filter. A little quality time in the driveway never hurt anyone and plus $40 is ridiculous.you'd have to be smoking crack to pay $64 for an oil change

Same here... by the time I'm done paying for quality oil and a quality oil filter I'm looking at $40 and me on my back doing it. I can imagine how low quality a $20 oil change would be. I did Express Lube (Texaco) once cause I was living in an apartment where I couldn't do it myself... my hood was left unlatched and I found a huge screwdriver in my engine bay! What do you need a screwdriver for on an oil change???

NO ONE touches my car but me.

I often have Ford do it. I bring my own Mobil one. Its wicked cheap and they get under the car and lube things up and top off a few other fluids if they need it.

Otherwise I have my mechanic do it when hes working on some other aspect of my car.

About $17. ~$12 for the 6 quarts of 5W-20 and $3-$4 for the Motorcraft filter. And about half an hour of my time. Cheapest way to fly.

I took my dad's Z3 in for an oil change at a BMW dealer and that cost $127!!!

I always pulled the dip stick after a trip to Jiffy Lube just to make sure. Last time the oil obviously hadn't been changed so I checked underneath and the same dirty filter was on the engine. I walked back into the business office and had the manager check it. He had me pull back in the bay and had the tech's redo the job. After they were done I checked again and everything seemed fine. After I got home I thought the car was riding a little hard so I checked the tire pressure. They had inflated every tire to 90 plus lbs. Haven't been back since and I tell everybody I can about my experience, every chance I can.

I used to change the oil myself on the 'maro. I had a lift in the garage and everything. It was a hassle taking the oil to O'Reilly's to be dumped though. I don't have the lift, jacks, or anything really cause I live in apartments now. They don't like when you work on your car in the parking lot. :shrug:

I've seen a few places offer promotions like $18 for an oil change but its not for the high mileage stuff I use. I just hit 136,000 miles and it has a couple of minor leaks and I heard that Valvoline Maxlife is good thats why I been going with that.

It just sucks to know that thos bastards got me for $64!! I'm due for another oil change. I guess I'll go back to the one in Murphy.