How much does yours move?

:rolleyes:ahh yea the clutch could have something to do with his problem, an unadjusted clutch say after a few miles could result in a loose clutch. therefore he might not notice goin down the road, but maybe not enough to hold full pressure when not running. i know it sounds silly, but they put a park brake on vehicles for reason, you cant always rely on the inner workings of the drive line to stop the vehicle from moving while not in opperation:nice:

But what you have to realize is that a loose clutch could not cause the problem discribed. That's all I was saying

• Sponsors (?)

From what little I do know...I would not think the clutch would cause these symptoms either. Ok so while attempting the ujoint replacement, I had the pass. side in the air. I decided to do the tire rotation while looking at the ds for rotation trick, well there is DEFINITLY something not right there. I can rotate tire close to 1/8 turn before the d.s. attempts to rotate. If I rotate tire back and forth,(not enough to rotate ds) I get that same clunk sound. I swear it sounds like it is coming from pumpkin...Hopefully my neighbor will offer his jackstands so I can do this hopefull fix tomorrow Thanks for all the responses
:flag:

GT topLESS, I'm also thinking you need a diff rebuild (good time/ excuse for new gears). I had a rearend clunk at various speeds- usually turning. I replaced driveshaft & diff before discovering that the bolt slots had elongated in the rear lower control arms.

Your thread was reading like a novel. What's the last chapter? :)