how much horse power gains for these mods

• Sponsors (?)

dont forget, mods dont always ADD to eachother. mods that give 10 + 5 + 5 seperately don't always equal 20 together. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I'd say about 10 hp with those mods.

I'm gonna say 9rwhp.

and that's gonna be all x-pipe, TB will probably only hurt you, catback won't do anything, CAI hurts more then helps because it screws up your air fuel if you don't monitor it or tune it after the install. good luck, i hope you get lucky somehow.

you guys are scaring me... i will lose power with the COLD AIR INTAKE... is it that brand or just the whole concept of the CAI? Yes $800 for 10hp is probably dumb, although the SLP stuff will sound good, and probably necessary for future upgrades?

I'm like you, I guess....have some bux to toss around and a factory-whimped car to mod. I'm looking for a place that does rear-ends, want 4.10's and will also pop for a Granatelli or Diablo to 'reset' the speedo for the gears and perhaps advance the timing to run 90+ octane as a plus...exhaust will be next, I dropped a K&N in, farted around w/intake (yep, even had that PVC 'giant homemade CAI' setup, not worth bothering, stock is fine, keeps the dirt off the filter w/the 'snorkel' and doubt any more flow really helps anyway....funny, Ford has already designed a CAI by drawing from the wheelwell...). If you have stock gears, a s/c would be stupid, as wouls nitrous. A lower gearing wouldn't stress the engine as much as 'overpowering the gears'.....right? C'mon....anything lower than 3.55 is dumb, especially since we have so much torque.

Boy, I confuse myself sometimes. Higher ratio(4.10's)=better. Lower ratio/stock w/mods=more stressed motor/drivetrain, less gains per buck overall anyway. Look at 3.25 times bonestock over 4.10's......do the mth, you can't pick up them 10th's any cheaper and your engine will thank you by being less dragged and running in it's powerband more often. Sorry.

MDGT said:
Mac Cold Air Intake: -2rwhp
10mm throttle body upgrade: -2rwhp
SLP Loudmouth Exhaust: +2rwhp
SLP X-PIPE with high-flow cat: +8rwhp

TOTAL: +6rwhp

explain to me how you are somehow determining that better breathing will take your hp down. I don't disagree that the gain is practically zero but to say it is making a car slower than the factory setup is not true. I am also going under the assumption you meant hp and not rwhp. These mods wouldn't necessairly amount to crap at the rear wheels, it would be more in the 1-3rwhp range i'm willing to bet

btw to the author here i would put my money in the 6-10hp range for your mods tops