How much HP compared to 95' vert stock

rude_life

Mar 30, 2005
One of my buddy's has a 1994 Mustang GT Coupe and He let me drive it last night and i liked the car but after driving it and driving mine, I feel that mine is a little faster. Well a couple of the guys are absolutely convinced there is no way my car would stay with his if we ran...I think they are giving him too much credit considering his upgrades but i might be wrong so thats why Im asking you guys..Because I know you know more than them about our cars :SNSign: Well his car has a bbk cold air intake,24 lb injectors, a 70mm mass air flow (im guessing sample tube),MSD coil and MSD Distributor, and an X pipe. I have just a K&N Cold air intake, 3.73 Gears a new BBK 145 LPH fuel pump and a mallory adj. FPR stock H-pipe and mufflers. I swear when i drove his car i just felt like mine was faster and got with the program a lot quicker.
My question is..What type of HP will his little combo he has make and is it really anything special?

• Sponsors (?)

I was always under the impression that if you change your injectors and MAF sample tube without at least changing out your throttle body and your upper and lower intake, your robbing yourself of HP

rude_life said:
I was always under the impression that if you change your injectors and MAF sample tube without at least changing out your throttle body and your upper and lower intake, your robbing yourself of HP

As long as you run E7's a tb ain't gonna do a whole lot.

A gain YES ... but a small one.

IMHO, TB's & 19lb caled MAF's are way over rated on stock Stangs.

I'd change out the intake before jacking around with maf, inj's, & tb myself if I was still running E7's.

Just my .02 and I'm done now

Grady

Grady..My question is..Is he really gaining much HP with 24lb injectors and a Upgraded MAF without changing out the TB and the Upper and lower intake??
And what does E7 mean?

rude_life said:
Grady..My question is..Is he really gaining much HP with 24lb injectors and a Upgraded MAF without changing out the TB and the Upper and lower intake??
And what does E7 mean?

E7TE is the Ford number for our stock iron heads :D

I doubt he has gained much with the 24's and maf. Like between 5 and 10 if I was forced to make a guess

Grady

I am new to the 5.0 scene but have been racing cars for a while. In my experance I agree that the gears would be a large factor. But dont rule out other possiblitys ex.=(compression,timing,spark,fuel,etc,etc). A good running car can make up for alot of mods on a poorly running car. well just my 2 cents.